10:00 PM
I am lying on the couch, my eyes drifting closed, trying to be a devoted wife by listening to Carlo present his sales pitch so he can be ready for his first call in Spanish.
11:00 PM
I can't fall asleep now and my body is ready to jump out of bed for Coral's 11 O'Clock wake up call. It never comes.
3:00 AM
I am not sure when I fell asleep, but Coral has just started crying. I go into her room and try to put her pacifier into her mouth, but she just smiles and coos. Is that really cute at this time in the morning?
5:00 AM
Coral is still not asleep and I have been drifting in and out of consciousness- wasn't this what I went through a few months ago when we brought her home from the hospital? I finally decide to feed her and wake up in the chair around 45 minutes later. She's asleep, so I put her to bed.
5:30 AM
Carlo's alarm goes off and he starts getting ready for work. Sometime later he gives me a kiss and says our morning prayer- I think . . . I don't really remember.
6:30 AM
Daniel is in my room with a bright smile and I am trying to coax him with anything to let me sleep a little longer.
Aren't I glad all my evenings don't unfold that way. I'd be dead from lack of sleep. My children are both finally bed-a-bye for nap (which means I should grab and quick wink), but the blogging world has been calling my name! I had to share Coral's new need to cough every five minutes in an effort to get my attention and, oh yeah, Daniel hasn't gone poop in three days. Is this really the life of every mother? I do believe it is- if they are truthful, that is . . . Now sleep.
Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Time
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment