CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 5, 2007

My Pink and White Flour



Carlo has been home more this week since he has started his new job and he only has one more week of school. He won't be going back until spring. It is going to be really nice having a "normal" life with Daddy home at a certain time and not trying to study constantly.
With all the free time we have had together, I was able to make cookies with Daniel yesterday while he watched Coral. We were having so much fun and even created quite the mess. I had Daniel help me turn on the mixer and flour flew everywhere! We just laughed and laughed. Daniel was standing right in front of me and took the brunt of the flying white powder. Next time, I think I will be a little more careful.
I dressed Coral up in my pink dress from when I was a baby. My mom saved so many of my sister and I's dresses and they are in such great shape! She looked so cute- like a "little cupcake" as one of my friends said at church. She had so many layers to pull up and chew on! I keep telling her it is not very lady like to show her undies. Oh, and I was able to get her to laugh and laugh this afternoon. She has been a hard one to steal giggles from. Daniel would laugh constantly, so she is a new challenge for us in the laugh factory. However, she does coo like crazy. I think as a girl she is a natural born talker.
I taught part of the lesson today in Relief Society on the new "All is Safely Gathered In" pamphlets about home storage and family finances. I loved teaching in Relief Society. I only hope the sisters grasped the importance of being prepared. We just need to begin . . . I'll put a link to the provident living home page (part of LDS.org) which has suggestion after suggestion on being prepared.
Well, it's time to begin winding down for the evening- or beginning toward the wind down. Carlo wants to go for a walk again this evening. Last night Daniel ran half the block with me. I think he's going to get me in shape again!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute Vanessa! I'm so glad I've been able to get to know you a little throughout the years. I hope to get to know you better and hopefully we can all get together soon!

Best Wishes!

EvaMarieva said...

Stories like these make me wish we lived closer. Hopefully we will see you this fall!