Volleyball has to be the best sport in the world. My body and mind crave the fluid motions of bump, set, spike. It has been a few years since my every changing birthing body has set foot on the court, but I am up to the challenge and have been playing Tuesday mornings. It's not the usual intense games I use to play in high school and college, but it gets my sweat poring now!
Daniel has done and said some interesting things today in the spirit of potty training. He held his pee in for so long today (not sure that running around the house is sooo much fun you have to hold it) that he crossed his legs in the kitchen, but it still all came out. Needless to say, a bath and clorox cleaning followed. Currently, he has been running back and forth trying to poop. I sympathized with him at how hard it can be to do that and he told me that "wiggling your fingers helps you poop." I'll be sure to try that next time! And finally, he used my toilet and I walked off. His little bum kept sinking and he just kept holding on and didn't say a word. Thankfully I noticed and he just laughed (once I had lifted him off) and said "Don't flush me down your potty Mommy!"
Coral attempted some more backbends today. I even found her asleep in that position at one point. Maybe she finds it extremely comfy, but I hope the limberness and the likeness for it lasts!
As for Daniel, he sleeps extremely sound and then wakes up like a bat out of a cave asking for apple juice! Notice the sleepy face?
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Exercise with Children!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
i hope that you're playing volleyball and not jungleball with people that don't know what they're doing. i have a hard time playing with people that don't know the rules. sorry but it's true. i wish i lived there and coupld play with you guys. i don't know any girls around here that play indoor. i used to play coed with greg and that was fun, but sometimes when i would play with him with just the guys, i would get creamed and other times, i felt like the guys were going too easy on me and i hated that. i want to play. if i get six packed in the face, whatever. it's my fault for being slow.
I am glad you are getting out and doing something you love. We all need that. Tell Daniel I will forward his advice to Mike. I know it will be well received!
Post a Comment