As I was about to prepare for a relaxing bath while watching my two children (we all know how well that goes), I heard the sounds of a key turning in the front door. It was only four O'clock and he was home to wish me a happy birthday. Yes, I did get to take a bath in quiet. I was even able to do some digital scrapbooking- my new favorite hobby.
After my enjoyment of alone time, we were off to Target. Carlo purchased my birthday present- the Wii!!! As some of my readers know, I have been wanting this little item for awhile. We stayed up until midnight competing in bowling, tennis, baseball and golf. I, of course, am the champion in all sports- except for tennis. I cannot figure that one out. If you had seen me play in real life, I think it would help you to understand my poor playing skills.
I also had a couple of surprise visits. My next door neighbors, Amber, Keith and Jordan, appeared on my door step with cupcakes, a candle and a birthday song. Sure brought a smile to my face since I hadn't had any candles to blow out! Then the next visit from my visiting teacher, Heather, brought some Ben and Jerry's! Cupcakes and Ice Cream; and Carlo didn't even have to bake, buy or anything!
Oh, I do love birthdays. And, disregarding my previous post, they always do turn out to be magical. The best part- Carlo put both our children to bed! While I played the Wii, of course. . .
Wednesday, October 31, 2007
The Perfect Close to My Birthday
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Wii's are fun! love you!
Late October birthdays are the best! Woohoo!
You won't be the bowling pro once I go to visit you ... yes, I'm issuing a challenge!
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I am glad that you found the magic. Now, what is a Wii? Target twice in the same day huh? My kind of girl.
Now where are the digital pages? I look forward to seeing them.
Post a Comment