CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Down and Out

Do you ever have those days where you just don't want to do anything or talk to anyone? I had a day like that today and could hardly wait for Carlo to get home. Even so, throughout the "crash and burn" day, Daniel managed to make me laugh more than once and Coral's love for her mommy melted my heart. I realized why it is so important for me to have children. They are the light and joy in my life. And they do it in complete innocence.

This next portion is with Carlo's permission.

Daniel is quite the ham without even knowing it. Last night, Carlo was lovingly teasing me and said he was going to give me some "Carlo Spice" later on. A few moments later, out of nowhere, Daniel asks "Is Carlo Spice a drink?" I immediately answered yes and began concocting a "Carlo Spice" drink mix in my head- just in case that was the next question out of Daniel's mouth.

Daniel asks me all day long what is in an apple, a cookie, someone's head, etc. Thankfully, his inquisitive mind didn't ask about "Carlo Spice." I hope I won't be needing to make Daniel a "Carlo Spice" drink anytime soon for Daniel! For now, I tease Carlo about his "Carlo Spice" comment endlessly.

This evening while I was putting Daniel to bed, he asked if he could have a snack. After I told him no, he said to me "But I want to get fat like you Mommy." Out of the mouth of babes . . . I think I may not be snacking anymore!

7 comments:

Jennifer Baldwin said...

Just wait 'til he's old enough for me to explain to him the mommy and daddy "spice" code word...

Brock Nelson said...

OH MY! I just died laughing!

EvaMarieva said...

Thank you sooo much. You have me laughing and I needed to laugh too! Good luck with Danny - knowing him he may just ask for that drink in a few months!

Lila said...

Yeah, I'd say all of that could certainly change a gloomy day into live comedy! Thank you so much for sharing those stories, they are hilarious and I am cracking up!

Anonymous said...

i was always horrified when a little kid would point out my flaws when i was younger. it doesn't bother me as much any more. i had really bad acne as a teenager and kids would always say "why do you have owies on your face? did you get hurt?" it was always right in front of a new boyfriend or something and it would embarass me!!

Amy said...

I can't stop laughing. Daniel is so funny! Love his comments!

Daisy Paige said...

I think you should send the 'Carlo Spice' story in to Reader's Digest or some other magazine. I'm sure they'd give you something for it - it's awesome!