Can you believe it is already 2008? In my mind at times, I am still 40lbs lighter and living it up in 1998- my freshman year in college. Wow. Now you know how old I am. And yet here I am in 2008, a mother of two children and happily married. Here are a few things I learned this past year:
1. Pick your battles with your children.
2. My house does not have to be clean from top to bottom. Carlo is happy if it is straightened, the dishes are clean and the laundry is done.
3. There is always one more thing that needs to be done- figure out the most important, go from there and sometimes not everything gets done.
4. I get more things done in a day if I am up and ready before my children.
5. Marriage isn't always a fairy tale. Carlo and I will have disagreements, but the most important thing is how we act towards one another during and after those disagreements. We've grown closer together through many of those differences of opinions!
6. By simply following the gospel and not being lazy, I can be happy and accomplish so many things! Something we all know, but surely forget at times!
I'm sure I will relearn each of these things many times in my life.
Our New Year was packed with laughter and fun. Some of our closest friends, Mike and Eva St. Clair, came up from Orange Counnty to bring in the New Year with us. As always, their visit is well received. They watch my children while I get ready in the mornings (a child free moment is Heaven), make us food and bring us gifts. They'd still be welome without all of the above, but it makes my life enjoyable!
We pretty much spent the whole time playing video games (Guitar Hero), board games and eating yummy food. Our New Year's Eve dinner was spent eating all you can eat sushi. I think we may start this as a tradition. It was delicious and a lot of fun. And they even went across town with me to Town Square in an effort to assist in picking out outfits for family portraits. They sure are troopers and it was sad to see them go. Luckily, we'll see them next Saturday when we meet up at Seaworld. Two extra pair of hands with our children will be a nice addition!
Here is a picture of Carlo acting out a cherade from Zobmondo on New Year's Eve. Yes, we get crazy here at the Delorenzis' household. And that is mustard on his face. He had to sing a song for 30 seconds while smearing mustard on his face. Too bad I can't get the video downloaded!
Thursday, January 3, 2008
Bring on 2008!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I am going to add one to your list that one of my girlfriends taught me...I can never seem to learn the lesson for myself, but I've tried it for a few weeks at a time and it is TOTALLY true:
If MY bed is made in the morning my house stays cleaner...
I love having you as a friend and all you teach me. The trip totally rejuvenated me. thanks for being an aweosme example!
That is hilarious. I love that game. Sorry we could not come to your place. Things were pretty crazy and i never got a chance to sit and relax.It was great to see you guys. Love you!!!
Post a Comment