CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Through the Eyes of an Almost Five Year Old

Daniel begins kindergarten in a week. I've been telling him I'll miss him and love him, but that he is going to have so much fun at school learning. I did. Well, he informed me he didn't want to go the other day. So, I asked him why and this was his response, "I don't want to be gone all day, Mom. Daddy goes to school and comes home when it is dark! That is too long for me to go to school." I suppose his only knowledge of school is through his dad and he is gone all the time! Don't worry, I explained to him that his school was only a few hours long.

Daniel loves me openly and I know I will miss this someday. We were out running errands the other day and I told him "I bet Dad is asleep on the couch when we get home." We'd left Coral at home with him and he was already dozing. Daniel replied, "Ooh, if he is, I'll have to steal lots of kisses from you while he's not watching!" My little sweetheart.

5 comments:

Whitney said...

What a cutie.

EvaMarieva said...

He is so special and unique. We have loved seeing him grow so much but it has flown by so fast!

Matt and Grace said...

I can't believe he's off to Kindergarten already! I still remember him as the little baby in FHE!

Natalie said...

You are such a cute mom!!!! WE need to get together with you all again sometime soon! I still want to learn how to make a baby sling! Hopefully we will see you soon!

Cory said...

so funny. kids say the funniest things