CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Upside Down Shoes and Flying Wet Hats

In a previous post, I wrote about Daniel's continuous nightmares. Well, thanks to a friend and her comment on my post, he has pretty much been nightmare free! Thanks Kelly!

Her comment? Well, put some shoes upside down under the bed. Daniel loved this solution and immediately claimed it would make his bed magical. He did have some nightmares a few nights ago and I found out the next day that the shoes kept tipping to their sides, so his bed was no longer protected in his mind. Well, we solved that problem the next night by using flip flops. What a great way to chase away nightmares!

We went to the water park today and had an interesting experience. Can you tell me WHY parents don't watch their children???!!!! Daniel was trying to run through the water spraying from some spiral circles and I watched this kid chase him screaming, "You can't come in here!" He did this quite a few times and almost brought Daniel to tears as he came over to me and said the kid was going to hit him with his hat (which was soaked with water. ouch.)

Now, I do know some kids have disabilities, but I watched him the whole time I was there and he seemed to be fine. He just liked to bully Daniel. No one else. Well, after Daniel had told me the kids threat, a few short minutes later, the kid did exactly that- he chased him out of the water, shoved him and swung his soaking wet hat as hard as he could across Daniel's chest.

Yes, I can be an overprotective mom. But aren't we all in some ways.

No one does that to my kid. I went up there and scolded that kid and told him we'd be speaking with his mom and dad if I saw him hit my son again. He just replied, "My mom's not here." Then he ran off to the play ground and never came back to the water area while we were there.

I have three thoughts on this:

1. Watch your kids. I'd be livid if Daniel had hit another kid like that and I witnessed it.

2. I wonder if I scared him off. Good. He deserved it.

3. Hmm . . . Dad was watching him. . . hmm.

6 comments:

Don and Kelley said...

I am glad I could help out. I heard Aubrey tell another little kid today that putting shoes upside down under the bed would take away nightmares. Then she turned to me and winked! Funny!

Whitney said...

Sounds Like a FUN time at the park!! Good for you, that kid needed to be scolded. Now we need to find the parents and scold them.

Meghan said...

OH my gosh. that is my biggest pet peeve ever. Why can't people watch their kids?!

EvaMarieva said...

That is a great solution to nightmares and a cute one too!

I don't have kids but get irritated when parents just sit back and let them run the family and social situations. I feel that children are lacking disipline and structure which causes them to act out and/or take control.

-I bet Cralo loved your #3 thought...

PS I have always been very impressed on your parenting, esp when Daniel or Coral misbehave. You realy take a stand and responsibility. Maybe other parents who are struggling will learn from your example.

Kristina said...

I must be a bad mom because I tell my kids to hit back! I don't really mean it and I don't think they would but I feel better knowing they can stick up for themselves.

Laurel said...

I have a hard time with unmonitored kids as well. Just imagine what they'll be like as teenagers...