CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, August 21, 2009

I really should . . . .

post some pictures, but I have been lazy about downloading them from my camera. I'll do it soon.

I went to Daniel's "Meet and Greet" for his school today. His teacher seems great, but her first comment was, "Wow. You are big. Shouldn't you be in first grade?" Nope. He doesn't turn five until next weekend and yes, he is a big kid. As we were waiting to meet her, Daniel was nervously rubbing my hand. Good. He's nervous and excited too. We'll make it through this transition.

He went to a birthday party all by himself last night and I had some "girl time" with Coral. It was a glimpse of what will be next week. We watched a girl movie and she cuddled with me on the couch. Of course when it was time for bed, she kept trying to sneak back out for more cuddles.

I have the best friends ever! Next weekend is Daniel's birthday party and they are both coming in to town for the occasion. I love that they are so supportive and always there for me when I need them. And I really love that one of them is making all of the cupcakes for me for the birthday party. I'm a big stresser and now I can relax about that part because she is fantastic at what she does. She should be because she sells decorated cupcakes and cakes! And the other friend is always great at helping me organize and think things through and jumps right in to help out without asking and right where I need help. They are both amazing woman and I really just feel so blessed right now and am so excited for a "Girl's Weekend." They were my first married friends and we've know each other for over seven years. I moved away and they stayed. I wish we lived by each other all the time.

1 comment: