In high school, I was really good friends with a foreign exchange student from Germany. In college, I went and stayed with her and her family for three weeks. Every once in a while, she sends me German chocolate (just a reminder) and every once in a great while (Daniel was only a few months old), she comes back to the States and makes sure to pay me a visit.
Last week, she came into town and a few of us from high school had a get together. Kathrin is on the right and Tami, on the left, was one of my best friends in high school. We currently live five minutes from each other. Do we ever get together? No, but we do now! In the past week, I have seen her two or three times. She is my new P90X workout partner. I am so glad she is getting my butt back into shape! I love the workout even though it is THE hardest workout I have come across.
I had to have a picture of my kids with Kathrin. Not only has she sent me chocolate over the years, but she has also added in baby and toddler toys from Germany.
Daniel told Kathrin she didn't see him grow up and she responded, "Yes, I have! In pictures."
So true. Even though we are an ocean apart, she has always kept up on me and my kids. What a great friend!
Here we are shopping in Walmart. Kathrin stocks up on some of her favorite American things when she comes over.
I noticed a whole bunch of dental floss in her cart this time!
In all seriousness, they pay more than double what we do for dental floss, so I don't blame her.
I noticed a whole bunch of dental floss in her cart this time!
In all seriousness, they pay more than double what we do for dental floss, so I don't blame her.
One last picture- Kathrin, Tami and Vanessa
My senior year, she became Kathrin's sponsor. This worked out well because Susan was my neighbor. So, Kathrin became my neighbor!
Our Senior year, Kathrin would come over for breakfast, get rides to and from school and just hang out. I LOVED IT. Mostly I loved it because she helped me pass German. Just kidding!
Fun Times and Fun Memories. Thank you for taking the time to come and see us!


2 comments:
First off-love the outfit-it looks awesome on you! Second-I love reconnecting with friends from long ago and am excited for you. Thanks for sharing the pictures!
Ahhhhhhh, I wish we would have had more than a couple hours!!! I'm so glad I got to spend time with you and your family! I miss you!
Oh, but Susan didn't become my sponsor, she became my Mom! :-)
Post a Comment