I have a horrible memory, but I do believe the first thing has been broken in my house by my kids. I was washing dishes when I heard Coral say, "Uh oh, I broke it Daniel." Since it's Coral, I quit washing dishes and peeked around the corner. She was indeed carrying something she had broken.
It turns out to be my pepper shaker from my china set. The china set my grandma bought for me. The grandma that just passed away. The china that has been discontinued. I got teary-eyed, cleaned up the mess and went back to washing dishes. Then I chuckled at Coral's reaction to breaking something. (Thanks for the lesson on Sunday Cassondra.)
Well, five years with kids and that is the first time . . . I'll consider myself lucky.



5 comments:
Great job handling a sad situation. I can't believe you went that long without something broken - those are some great kids. :)
Ooohh Vanessa! I feel sad for you! I am super sentimental so I can only imagine... Great job handling it like a champ, though!!
Wow, that is hard. I don't know if I could have handled it like you did! I am so sorry about the china, I do know how much you treasure it.
You did good....I am sorry about the china...I enjoyed reading your blog...The blog world is so new to me...Hope you will stop by for a visit. I am posting on our Disney trip now and then on to a new grandson in two weeks..
Way to go, Vanessa. What a great mom with great perspective in a moment like this. You may not get your Grandmother's pepper shaker in heaven but you'll definitely get Coral. Sorry about your loss. (Your Grandma and the shaker... two completely different levels of sorry there).
Post a Comment