CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Registration Day

Today was the day I registered Daniel for kindergarten. True to my character, we were up and at the elementary at 8:00 AM - the time the office opens. And yes, I happened to be the very first parent to register their child for kindergarten. I even happened to be the very first parent to register their child for school next year for all grades!

I'm pretty sure it all came down to nerves. As for all moms, his first day of school will be a bitter sweet moment. Prolonging his registration day would only cause me to dwell more on that day. Now, it is over and done with. Next stop. KINDERGARTEN!

We went to the most amazing park today. I've heard it spoken of with great enthusiasm before and often wondered, but now I know the dinosaur park at Aliante is awesome. I think I may even go without my kids sometime to get the full experience.

The slides are part of a huge double bungalow structure that are probably equal to a very tall two story house. As a matter of fact, the sign reads you must be this tall AND six years old. Those are some serious slides. And wouldn't you know, Daniel gets hurt 30 seconds after we get there! Well, it turns out a kid pushed him. I know this because the kid came up and said, "Sorry, but it's April Fool's Day." Oops.

This kid, along with his friend, turned out to be Daniel groupies. After awhile, we left to look at ducks and the two boys kept telling Daniel to hurry back. Then when we walked by again to go to the car, they started screaming his name again from the swings. So, Daniel had to go and say good-bye. And while we were in the car, they walked by and both started jumping up and down and yelling, "Daniel, Daniel." Yes, my son is popular! It was quite amusing.

Oh, and I mustn't forget that Coral managed to go down the slide at the top of the bungalow. I went to look for her and then heard crying coming from the tube. I'm sure she was getting tossed around on the ride down. I had no idea she'd be brave enough to go down, but she probably just thought, "Hmm. . . another slide to go down!" without realizing the height.

4 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

That is exciting and congrats on being first! I predict Daniel is going to make a lot of friends and you will be the fun & cool mom who has them over to play after school.

This dinosaur park sounds interesting...should we take a trip there this weekend with the big boys too?

PS Yep I got to use my double coupons!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

you forgot to mention that you were the first one to register your child because your awesomely cool friend, Autumn, called you to give you a heads up on registration day. you're welcome =)

Amber Volle said...

Those are hilarious stories. Coral is crazy but I'm sure she had no clue of the height. Funny.

Anonymous said...

Daniel is getting groupies and going in to Kindergarten! How exciting! He is such a mature kid that it's not so shocking to me. Isn't he taking his driving test next week? :)