One of our closest friend couples came into town Friday night. We LOVE spending time with them. E spoils me by loving and taking care of my kids and even cooks for everyone so I get a break! She's amazing. I'm not sure what kind of vacation she was able to get, but I sure had one- minus a sick child.
Unfortunately, Coral came down with croup. She started getting sick Wednesday afternoon and then right when she seemed better, it got worse. I'm grateful for E and M and for putting up with a sick kid. They even picked up sushi for us on Saturday night when I was having a melt down from lack of sleep and listening to Coral's raspy breathing. We usually try to go out to sushi whenever we are together because we all LOVE it and most people don't. Although, I have to admit, I'm not really into raw fish, but eat everything else and will try new things thanks to E's coaxing. Yummo!
Needless to say, I am tired. Since last Wednesday, I have either had Coral in my bed or I have slept next to her bed on the floor. I was able to sleep in my own bed last night after 11:00 pm, when Coral finally fell asleep. And then this morning. . . Daniel woke up coughing pretty good. I just keep telling myself we are all getting our sicknesses out before we spend two weeks with Grandma D and Grandpa S in May.
Before E and M left, we took a quick trip to show them the Dinosaur Park. Here are some pics of everyone having fun. Oh, and it was crowded. Spring Break!
We also took a really quick trip on Sunday to see The Convservatory at The Bellagio. I assured Carlo we would be in and out and Coral would never have to walk or be outside. And it worked out perfectly- just trying to get everyone out of the house! I do feel like an awful mom- taking my sick child out, but we all needed it.







3 comments:
You are too cute. Your house is always a blast-even with a sick kid. I hope Daniel doesn't get too sick. We love you and thanks for being so much fun!
PS you can see my pooch in the park shot. Too bad Carlo's comment isn't true. It would be a good excuse right?
Dinosaur park was always our favorite. Well worth the drive.
Looks like fun times!
It's so hard to have sick kids. Sometimes some fresh air does good!
Post a Comment