CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, June 28, 2008

Daniel was sitting on my bathroom floor and Coral decided to comb his hair!



This video is from a few weeks ago. It is killing me not having a camera. There are so many moments during the day when I think, "I've got to take a picture of this." Then sadness washes over me as I realize my camera has been shipped to Canon for repair. My thoughts conclude with the fervent wish that it won't take forever. My in-laws will be here in a week and I won't know what to do without a camera. We haven't seen them since Coral was a week old!

Every once in awhile, to change things up a bit and make life exciting, we'll get some McDonald's for dinner and a Redbox. Maybe this is more for my sanity, as Carlo is often not home until the kids are in bed- I don't have to cook dinner and the kids and I can be entertained by a new movie.

Well, earlier this week, we did just that. McDonald's and Spiderwick. The movie was good, but this paragraph all leads up to one comment by Daniel. As I was putting our chicken nuggets on plates, he said, "Taste my nuts Mom." As a mother, you have to be quick on your toes because his comment caught me quite off guard. I had to ask him what he said and he replied, "Taste my chicken nuts." Then I breathed a sigh of relief and chuckled. Good thing they are so innocent still. And then I reminded him that they are "chicken nuggets." For some reason, all the sudden he thought they were called nuts.

And finally, last night we watched Akeelah and the Bee. Right at the end, the children are holding up the Scripps Spelling Bee trophy and Daniel says, "Why are they holding the Piston Cup?" For those of you who may not know, this is the trophy in the Disney/Pixar movie "Cars." The minds of children.

I love being a Mom. Every day discovering something new as my children learn. This morning I sat on the floor and Coral walked over, stepped in between my folded legs and put her arms around my neck. She pretty much does this every time I sit on the floor, but today I was appreciative of the cuddles and love. I am her most favorite person in this world and she finds no fault in me. Makes me want to have babies forever!

8 comments:

Cory said...

hey, how's corals baby measles doing?

EvaMarieva said...

Man I miss you guys and I just finished talking with you. I hope you get your camera back soon!

Coco said...

so cute vanessa. baylee just started this new thing the other day where she bites her bottom lip and kindof sucks on it. it's the cutest thing ever! thanks for the advice on conjunctivitis. i have to admit, i didn't try your remedy, but the drops cleared it up in just a few days. maybe next time :)

Jason St.Clair said...

Man, your kids are nuggets.

Har, get it?

Stephanie said...

and what a great Mommie you are too!

Cassondra said...

Love the video of coral combing daniels hair. So cute! Funny story about the chicken nuggets. I'm always glad for a laugh and kids seem to provide them so effortlessly. I love that! And I'll take snuggles from a baby anyday! Coral is so sweet. You deserve the lovess for sure! You're a great mom!

Laurel said...

Vanessa! I'm new to this blogging thing and just found ya. Your kids are adorable! (It's okay if your confused, my last name used to be Johnson, just think Institute Choir...)

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Hi vanessa! A long time ago, you posted something about the little sprayer you have attached to your kids' bathtub to wash their hair with. I remember that you loved it, but I'm wondering what it's called. I thumbed through your old posts and can't find it. Thanks! kelli