CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Our Past Week and Baby Measles?

Coral has truly proven herself to be a climber. Carlo had the ladder out to change air filters and she just climbed right on up behind him- no help from anyone. I have to keep my eye on her. I also found her playing in the toilet the other day- one that Daniel hadn't flushed after going pee. Yea, I was so grossed out. Daniel was so easy going as a new walker and she's in to everything!



Our family had a very low key father's day filled with Guitar Hero. Carlo's dream was finally fulfilled as I brought home the game for our Wii on Saturday afternoon. He has spent every day rocking out since. Our children are also glued to the entertainment- whether it be the guitar, music or watching their parents bring out their inner hero.



I have spent almost every minute in my house since Sunday morning. Coral started running a temperature Saturday morning and that evening it was up to 103. The temperature never really disappeared, but she started cooling off when yesterday morning I found her like this in her crib.






So off to the doctor we went to find out she has a virus mimicking roseola. Mimicking? Well, that's because she still had a fever with her rash. Roseola is a viral infection with a long lasting fever, followed by a rash with no fever. Sometimes it is referred to as baby measles. As it is viral, the only thing I can do is make sure she drinks a lot of liquids, keep her indoors and gets rest. I also have to give her Motrin every six hours because she is achy from the infection.

So, when Coral is not sleeping, I'm either holding her or she's following me around crying for me to hold her. She even wakes up screaming at night. See Cory, I did curse myself! Hopefully when she feels better she'll go back to a full nights sleep. Until then, my mom took Daniel today so he could get out of the house and I am getting some recoup time. Thank goodness for moms! And I certainly don't plan on going anywhere til she looks better. I think people would give us some disapproving looks. Poor girl.

And thanks to my neighbor Amber for letting us use her camera for pictures. Mine just happened to die when I needed it! The good news, it was a recall and will be fixed for free!

6 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Poor Coral! I do love her antics though-she is so active and feisty. I am going to LOVE grossing Mike out with the toilet story...he did not enjoy the poop one. I hope she starts feeling better soon so you can get more rest. Love you!

Cassondra said...

Wow, Vanessa! You guys have caught a lot of different sickness this season! Poor Coral, this one looks miserable! I hope she's feeling better soon and you're able to recoup while Daniel is gone. It's hard to function as a mom without any kind of break - for me, at least. I have guitar hero envy. I love that game! (Which is also why I don't own it...hahaha) Hope your weekend is more relaxing than your week has been!
Cassondra

Cory said...

poor coral i hope she feels better soon

Grace said...

OH MY GOSH! Kody got that same thing. He had a small rash for a few days maybe a week and then one day I came down there and it spread like crazy. He was miserable and so after a few days, I finally took him to see a doctor and quickcare. The dr. told me he just had dry skin. yeah right! they also said his ears looked sore and he might be getting an ear infection so he took some pennisilin (sp?) but that made his rash worse (so now I think he might be allergic to that). But this last week his rash finally went away. Weird thing is Kenny's sister told us someone she knew, there kid had something just like Kody and the dr. said it was a viral thing going around, and now I read your blog and your dr. told you the same. What's with the dr. I went to. Well it just proves my point that they don't know much at quickcare, and babies need to go see pediatrician because they are so much more knowledgeale. Wow this is the longest comment ever, but I just am happy to hear other's are dealing with this so now I don't feel too bad about Kody's thing. Thanks for posting the pictures and about this, it makes me feel tons better!

Coco said...

poor little coral girl :( she doesn't look too happy. hope she feels better soon. we just took baylee to the doc this morn and found out she has conjunctivitis. not sure if you know what it is but the name in and of itself sounds ugly. it's an eye infection we have to treat with drops. it gets all crusty from the puss...yuk. poor little thing. good thing these kids are strong!

Boren Family said...

Dude that sucks!!! I hear Shad's family is really sick too. Note to self stay away from your family. j/k I hope Coral gets better.