CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, October 14, 2009

I am not an Alcoholic

There really are all kinds of parents in this world.

I saw a father drinking a bottle of beer as he was walking his son to school one morning. On my way home, I discovered he had left his half full beer right outside of the school gate.

I picked up the beer and walked home to throw it in the trash. So, for any of my friends who might have seen me with a bottle of beer at 9:00 am in the morning- No, I am not an alcoholic.

Coral is our little princess. Well, she thinks she is, but she can be terror on two legs. My mom discovered this yesterday as she followed the path of destruction around her house. I am sure she understands now why I call her at my wits end some days.

Have you ever tried finding a toddler flat sheet? Toys R Us carries a toddler sheet set (flat sheet, fitted sheet and pillow case) for the small price of $35. Are you kidding me?! So, my mom and I bought a full sheet set (which happened to match Coral's room perfectly) and made two toddler size flat sheets.

With new sheets, I decided it was time to take off the toddler rail. It has almost been a week and she still hasn't fallen out of bed. Daniel and Coral liked the "new" bed.

Oh, so cozy.


I found Coral watching TV like this. She doesn't really watch TV- ever. I was sick on Sunday and turned on "The Tenth Kingdom." It is a seven hour movie and both my kids were glued to it all day- with breaks for naps and to eat. I already loved this movie, but I love it even more since it entertained my kids while I rested.

5 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I loved the title to this post. It had me laughing the whole way through. Your comment on Coral as a terror made me think of the poem my mom recited to us about a girl with a curl on her head. She defines it and is too cute to boot!

Cassondra said...

I've never heard of the Tenth Kingdom. Should I borrow it? Vanessa, I think you are really great. Good thinking on the twin to toddler size sheets. Brielle has been in a toddler bed for almost 4 years without a flat sheet because I have never seen any. But, I'm not much of a shopper so that doesn't say a whole lot. Anyway, I thought your idea was brilliant and I admire you for it!

I laughed about your beer story. Jake had a similar experience when he had to buy a single beer for a new recipe we were trying. It was the only thing he was at Walmart for and ended up in line behind Mary Klein. Awkward. I'm just here for my one beer...Yeah, he had a little explaining to do too. Hahaha!

I hope you're feeling better!

Laurel said...

No picture of you and the beer bottle? j/k
Movies that hold their attention and give you a little peace are awesome!

Jax said...

Nobody believe her! Vanessa gets sloshed ALL THE TIME... what do you think she is really doing on those nights she goes country dancing... C'mon, what's boots without beer?

It's okay, Vanessa. We're here to help. Step one, denial.

Kathrin said...

Oh, come on, it was YOUR beer on the way to school! :-) I can't stop laughing! But anyway, what I really wanted to say was that I love your blog. It kinda gets you closer to me when you're so far away. And knowing that I will never ever be your neighbor again and see you go through daily life... at least I get some of that daily life through this! Thank you! Miss you! Love you!