CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, October 30, 2009

A Happy Birthday Holiday

A person's birthday is their own special holiday. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my birthday because I feel like Halloween is a special celebration of my birthday. And my birthday is the perfect day because it is one day before Halloween. So, I get two days of fun celebrations!

I stayed up until after midnight to do a little birthday dance and to say "Happy Birthday" to myself (I know I wasn't quite born yet Mom, but it was still the 30th). And then I tried to sleep in and get rested up, but I was too excited for my birthday day. It's like Christmas (minus all the presents).

And this is the day I get to do whatever I want- clean or not clean, cook or not cook, take a bath and a read a good book, watch endless hours of TV. I make it all about me!!!

And I have decreed that my children must begin each sentence towards me with "Happy Birthday, Mom." I know, hilarious. But I LOVE IT!

Tonight will be our annual family Halloween Birthday Party to celebrate the three birthdays in October (my brother, niece and myself). It is an event I always look forward to. And this year I am making mummy cupcakes! (Thanks again to Cory for the guidance and suggestion.) Ooh, it is going to be fun dressing up and celebrating two nights in a row!

Happy Birthday to Me!

And

Happy Halloween!

3 comments:

steph said...

Happy Happy Birthday! I hope you had a great time partying last night, and more fun continuing the festivities tonight!

EvaMarieva said...

Belated here on the blog but I hope your birthday festivities of 2 days were a blast:)!!!

Cassondra said...

Haha! I love your birthday decree! I want to steel it! You are hilarious! I hope you had a fantastic birthday! YOU ARE fantastic and I am thankful to have you as a friend!