This is my favorite time of year for two reasons:

1. The weather cools down, the leaves change colors and I can enjoy warm cups of hot cocoa in the mornings.
2. My birthday . . . it is the day before Halloween and I love it entirely too much. If I had the money, I'd throw a big costume party every year. I love all things Halloween. And I have noticed this year my enthusiasm has rubbed off on Daniel. Yes, I am a proud mom.
I put up a Halloween background from The Cutest Blog on the Block and even modified their header using Paint.net. I think this is my new favorite, free down loadable program.
And why have I had all this time to recreate my blog and post?
Daniel came down with a fever Sunday evening along with a cough. Last night, his temperature was up to 103.7! I called my friend, who is a pediatric ER nurse, almost in tears and dreading a trip to the ER. I have such good friends. Really, I have been blessed in the friend department.
She went to the store, brought me some medication, then told me how much, when and what to give him. Thankfully his temp came down. He did wake up around 4:00 am and starting throwing up. I don't think he can ever be sick without puking at least once. This morning, I woke up to a hysterical Daniel leaning over the toilet coughing and begging for a breathing treatment.
One breathing treatment and dose of motrin later, he was feeling much better. Carlo and I have a hard time convincing him to sit still and rest because he thinks he is ALL better once the medications kick in.
Oh yea, that is why I have so much time today. I spent all day cleaning yesterday, went grocery shopping once the kids were in bed (can't really take a sick kid out) and since Daniel didn't go to school . . . I suppose his being sick gave us all the four day weekend we needed since yesterday was a staff development day, which ='s no school.
I've been baking up a storm lately. Perhaps it is the cooler weather. And my kids have been my sous chefs. I was going to make them aprons, but found I had two that would work. Coral's is a half apron I found at a garage sale in Arkansas- I just pull it up to her armpits, loop it around and tie a bow in the front. So fashionable.
Carlo was checking on our kids the other night before he came to bed and found this:
Yes, she was asleep.
And this is how I knew Daniel was really not feeling well.
He does not take naps anymore, let alone lie down on the couch and fall asleep.
And this mischievous face . . .
Is always trying to help me out and wants to do everything I do, i.e. wants to wear my make-up, high heels and even asked if she could have a wedding dress this morning after looking at our wedding pics.
This is what I found after cleaning off the counters.
She had gotten one of her wet wipes, cleaned some counters and then hung it up next to my dish towel! Funny girl.
I love being a mom! (Most of the time ;)


5 comments:
Love the aprons! A few years from now, you'll be so glad that your kids can help out in the kitchen. It's so much fun to have some company, and to have kids that can fend for themselves (and sometimes for the whole family).
You have such cute little munchkins. I think it's sweet that you have them cook with you. I loved doing that with my mom when I was young. And hooray for Fall and Halloween! I love this time of year, too.
I loved seeing the fun pictures of the kids, esp cooking and Coral helping clean :). Fall is the perfect time of year-so muuch fun with the cooler weather and Halloween. I am excited to see your halloween ideas this year!
Okay. Coral is so dang cute! I LOVE that she wanted to help clean counters - that is the best age! How adorable that she hung her wipe up by your towel. And the picture that looks like she fell asleep saying her prayers is the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!
I'm so sorry about Daniel being sick! You are a great mom Vanessa! Hang in there!
Casssondra
How did she fall asleep like that? That's so great you got a picture of that.
I'm an October baby, too, but I don't like Halloween. I know, I'm weird.
Post a Comment