We fly out in a week and I couldn't be more excited for my children to see my in-laws and where they live, but I'm beginning to stress about flying with my children. Flying by yourself seems complicated enough with all the rules and guidelines, but when you add children . . . well, it will be an adventure.
Unfortunately, I am a person that likes to know what to expect. So, for all those mothers out there who have flown with children, please feel free to comment with oodles and oodles of advice for me. I was planning on bringing drinks and snacks for both of them, but if I understand the guideline, it is not allowed. And I did find out that, no, they don't need carseats. For now, the plans are to put a change of clothes, toys they picked out for the occassion and the portable dvd player in our carry on bags. Snacks and drinks will have to purchased inside the airport once we have gone through security. I just hope I can keep them entertained long enough for the three hours.
Thursday, April 30, 2009
Advice on Flying with Children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
Snacks that are not a liquid can be brought through security. We always bring some with us to save $. Good luck! I wish I had advice from flying with kids to share!
Go hit your local dollar store and buy a gift per kid per hour. Then, bring them home and wrap them like a present. Keeps their attention and they think it is too fun to get a present. I wouldn't buy the gifts for the way home yet - get them there.
Oh, I just remembered - if you have a window seat, you can buy some window clings for them to play with as well.
Since you will be on a longer flight: when you get on board (which should be first as you are traveling with small children) don't forget to pick up the pillows and blankets...
With my kids they both LOVE the Leapsters...so I have one for each of them...it's a lifesaver when we travel. Don't forget headphones, I don't know what it is, but kids love personal headphones.
Other than that, books, Travel games are great, crayons, etc. [as far as the crayons go...you know those invisible ink coloring books that only have one marker: fabulous for the airplane!!!]
Also make sure you have some dramimine in case the kids do get motion sickness on the plane and tylenol/IB for earaches. [gum too!]
You'll do fine. It's EASY- Once you get through security.
One thing my kids loved was that their carry-ons were packed with "surprises" that they couldn't open until the plane had taken off. It was great! Just little things like coloring books, new crayons, maybe an etcha-sketch, magentic dolls, whatever your kiddos are into.
one word...suckers!!
Shuts them right up!
Good luck. we flew with ahnika when she was a few months shy of being two and it was a nightmare. the flight was really long with a lay over, etc. it was not a fun experience for us. I was pregnant too so i threw up on the plane (so embarassing!), our dvd player stopped working a short time into the plane ride and then, they lost our stroller to top it all off.
Good luck.
Ooh, I'm glad you posted this because we're taking Grayson on his first plane ride later this month. Good suggestions, thanks everyone!
Post a Comment