My life has been full of reading lately. Once I get a good book in my hand, it consumes me until I read the last word of the last page. Nothing gets done around the house, my children eat crackers and fruit snacks for lunch and I take the minimal time possible to shower (actually I bath and read while in the tub!). What, may you ask, has hindered my life?
The first book was the next one in the series of Fablehaven. If you have not read any of these, now is the time. I do believe the latest in the series by Branden Mull was my favorite. And the book I finished at 12:00 this morning, was "The Host" by Stephanie Meyer. I really LOVED reading her "Twilight" series, but I'm a little torn- I think I like this book better. It had a whole new twist! Thankfully, I am a quick reader, so it only took me about five days to read both of them. I'm sure my children are ready to have their mother back!
Speaking of children, here are a few pictures of my little ones.
We went swimming for the first time this summer. Coral is not a big fan, but we'll keep trying!
Daniel let Coral come into his room the other day to play with him. I could not get her out of that chair. She loved being a big girl with her big brother!
And here is my one year old. Can you believe it?
Thursday, May 22, 2008
Reading and Working
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


9 comments:
She is to adorable. I have been debating reading "The Host" I have heard alot of mixed feelings on that book. I guess I should just pick it up and make my own judgement. But I to neglect my family, and now that I am working I dont know that it is such a good idea to pick up a book on my days off. Oh What to do?
She has the most BEAUTIFUL eyes! They grow up way too fast. Sad but true. What a sweetie. kelli
my sister is reading the host right now and then i get it after her. i can't wait to read it. i also can't wait to see the "twilight" movie in december!!
I need to get my hands on The Host. I liked Twilight but also have some issues with it as well. Coral is such a big girl! I think you have a sunbather on your hands. Thanks for talking last Saturday. We do really miss you guys.
I'm the same way with books. I need to find a better way so I don't neglect the family. Any suggestions?
I just finished reading "Pope Joan" and I loved it. It's not so much because the story might be true, it's more because I can't believe how women were treated long long time ago. We are so blessed to live at a time when it is normal for women to go to school and choose a life they want. I pray for those who live somewhere else in the world where it is still not normal. Gosh, I can't imagine...
what cute pictures!
it was good to see you last week at church. your kids are so big and so cute!
I cannot believe she is 1, it hasn't been that long!
Post a Comment