CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, May 2, 2008

Coral's Birthday & Other Stuff

Daniel started crying the other day and asked me how much longer it would take before he could grow up and be a fireman. He was pretty distraught. Isn't it funny how all we want to do is grow up and then when we do we just want to be young and carefree again?

I now have a one year old little girl. I can still remember the day (the day before Daniel's second birthday to be exact) when a friend asked me if I was pregnant because I had that "glow." I told her she was crazy. The next day I took a test out of curiosity and then began crying. I was pregnant and it was a complete surprise.

Even with the surprise, Coral is one of the best things that has happened to me. I knew there was another little spirit waiting for us. It may have been never, if she hadn't surprised us. After post partum depression and almost committing suicide with Daniel, I really had no desire to have another baby.

This is why I have felt so blessed for the past year. I never understood why mothers loved their newborn babies so much and could hold them for hours, until I had Coral. She is the reason I understand this pure love from the beginning. Poor Daniel. I often feel bad for him that we never had that immediate connection.

Well, that is all a little too depressing . . . Coral is one! Here are some pictures of her cake and her at the party. She was very entertaining. She would walk around the room and just smile at everyone. She knew she was the reason for the celebration. Oh girls . . . They sure know how to put on a show.

Oh, and I had her wear palm trees on her head because I made her a monkey cake. She was a monkey in a tree! Oh, I think I am so clever. She sleeps with a monkey, so hence the theme.







Thanks to all who came. Coral loves her presents! And only one of you out of seventeen voted to open presents in private. We opted to open them at the party.

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

She looks so cute with her palm trees! It has been a joy being able to spend time with you and the family all these years. I can't believe it has been almsot 6 years and two kids! You are an amazing mom and teach me so much!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

What a great mommy you are! I never had a clue that you were sad and struggling after having Daniel. I wish I had been a better friend (rather than just an acquaintance) while we were there. Regrets... kelli