CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, September 9, 2007

Why I am a Mother

My picture taking has become an obsession since I began blogging, but I have fallen short lately. I always think a post with a picture is a great combo- just like the Greek combo I ate the other night! But that's a later story.

On the way home tonight from visiting Grandma and Grandpa Hirschi, Coral was screaming bloody murder. Daniel happens to be sitting next to her at the moment as I have managed to squeeze three carseats in the back of my Toyota Corolla. My best friend is coming into town tomorrow with her little girl and we don't want to drive two cars everywhere! So, I digressed a little . . .

Daniel asks for her pacifier and proceeds to hold it in her mouth while calmly telling her it is okay. Coral fell asleep. A few moments later, he ever so quietly and gently pulls the paci from her mouth, puts it on her lap and whispers to me that she is asleep and to be very quiet. He's already a good babysitter at the age of three!

And why this moment was a turn in attitude for me- I was ready to kill him all day long! He had been hitting, throwing, crying, whining, running, screaming, spitting- you name it. I had my hands full with him. And to top it all off, I took Carlo to the airport this morning. He is in St. Louis doing training for work this week. I missed him before he even left!

But thank goodness my BF is coming to stay with me. She hasn't seen Coral yet and her little girl is walking around! It'll be fun. I love just hanging out and being crazy with her.

Oh, and we did go to the Greek Food Festival with my brother and his family on Friday night. The food was yummy! I have never liked Greek food, but now my mind has been swayed. It was fun to try baklava and many other things I can't spell much less pronounce! Then I tried my hand at some dancing, but could not figure out how to move my feet like the Greek dancers. Not much skill there in dancing. It was fun to watch and learn and taste!

And now Daniel is yelling at me from his bed . . .

3 comments:

Tiffani said...

Vanessa,
Sorry I haven't been able to see you this week. I don't go full speed for very long before I poop out lately. Hopefully I will have more energy next time I am here and we'll all get together. Maybe even at the park since it won't be quite so hot by then.

Coco said...

vanessa - love the blog! i was a blog virgin, but lindsey (lisa mc. daughter) hooked me up! check it out - cocoandlui.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

hey i LOVE YOUR BLOG! im kinda excited that you invited me! haha but only a lil :)