CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 13, 2007

Single Mom

I'm sitting in my room on the computer when I notice it is completely silent in the other room. Just a few moments ago, Daniel was watching one of Coral's Baby Einstein videos (per his request). After a quick peek, I find Daniel asleep on the couch with Nala (his sleeping companion) and the TV turned off. I suppose he decided he was tired! He has given up his naps lately, so we've converted to quiet time. We all need a nap every now and then.

If I ever want a good chuckle, I see what position I can find Coral asleep in.


Daniel has been obsessed with school for a few months now. I'm not sure he really understands the concept, but then again, when I take a step back and watch him, I realize he understands more than I give him credit for.

His pediatrician recommended a school in the box program and I found one I just love at www.preschoolcorner.com. We did our first class today and Daniel kept begging for more. Then we ate our healthy lunch that goes along with this months theme- Farm. He did a super job making the duck for the craft. And Coral munched on little Curious George.






I've been a single mom this week while Carlo has been gone for training. He finally comes home tonight! I have completely missed the love of my life and can hardly wait to be in his arms when I meet him at the airport.

My BF came in to visit for a few days to keep me company. It was sure much easier to hang out when we didn't have kids! Daniel doesn't really like her 16 month old and it was stressful trying to keep him away from her the whole time. I totally felt like a child abuser as I attempted to keep him in control. Of course I lost control and he never gained it during those moments. You'd never think a three year old could be so nasty, but I've heard it's only the beginning. Thankfully, Paula watched the kids for us one night while we went out. That was a well needed break and we had some good laughs and conversation.

We also managed to play some volleyball and it was her first time in six years! She was awesome. And of course I LOVE volleyball- can't miss my weekly playtime. And we slipped in some shopping. Daniel is now sporting some new AirWalks and I am a terrible mother. He's been wearing a size too small. I just bought him new shoes three months ago! He's a monster- size 11 1/2 in kids! Carlo was glad to hear I finally took care of Daniel's feet.

It was sad to see our friends go, but nice at the same time to get our space back. Who knows when we'll get to see her little cutie of a girl again.

2 comments:

Tiffani said...

I've done the bad mom routine too. I think Aiden was wearing 3 sizes to small in his shoes when I went to buy new ones. I didn't know it was that bad and I felt horrible. Sounds like a stressful but fun week.

Stephanie said...

I've totally done that shoe thing, you feel bad, but I totally laugh...no wonder they were cranky when we left! --I love your words "I lost control, and he didn't gain it" --I SO need to hang that phrase somewhere in my house!