I woke up at 4:00 am to feed Coral and had a sore throat. The whole day I felt like a 200 lb bar bell was strapped across my shoulders.Even so, I decided to venture on and try feeding Coral solids. I curse the day I put away the high chair. It took me about two hours to reassemble the thing from when I took it down and stored it after Daniel. Of course, I had my handy helper (Daniel) who wasn't so handy, but I finally managed to figure out which screw went where so Carlo wouldn't mock my reconstruction when he came home. Coral was screaming bloody murder by this time and the first take of solids did not go so well. The evening episode went much better- she would let me know with a little fussy cry that she wanted more and would kick with excitement when the spoon made its way towards her mouth.
After breakfast, I called my mom to tell her I fed Coral solids and found out from her boss that she wasn't in for this reason, and I quote, "Her brother-in-law had a stroke." What a great way to find out bad family news. The sum of the story, and a day's worth of waiting for a phone call, is he's in the hospital with a blood clot in his brain. He's paralyzed on the right side and can't speak. Earlier today, he was given an experimental drug and only time will tell. Please keep him in your prayers as he is in ours.
And to top off a most wonderful day, I left Daniel in the bathtub to get Coral dressed for bed (not a bathtub horror story) and I heard him yell "It's all gone. Can I have more please?" The only thing I could think of that could be all gone was the shampoo. Sure enough, he had taken the brand new bottle of Johnson and Johnson baby wash and emptied it into his tub water. Now that was some soapy water. I wasn't sure if I should laugh or scream. We even had to turn on the shower to rinse off the water. I'm pretty sure it was 40% water and 60% shampoo in that tub.
May my evening go better and my husband get home soon.On a super positive note, here are the wonderful sisters in my ward planning the best ever food storage enrichment for next month. Without them, I would be hopelessly lost!
Monday, September 17, 2007
Mondays are even Bad for Stay-at-Home Moms
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
I just love it. Your kids are so cute. Thanks for sharing!
It's hard to believe she is old enough for solid foods. We are keeping your family in our prayers. Thanks for the updates and stories.
so you took my advice on the solids huh? j/k. is she sleeping better yet?
Hey very cute family.... I love all your pictures!!! I will have to show your blog to Travis & Brittany the next time I see them.
I am so coming to that activity! talk to you soon!
Post a Comment