CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

What Doesn't Kill You Makes You Stronger - In My Case, Literally

Many of you know I suffered from severe postpartum depression after my first child and almost took my own life.  It has been five years since that time and I know I have grown and learned many things from the experience.  For the whole story, click here.

After quite a few months of preparing and getting things all squared away, I am finally a Postpartum Support International Nevada Co-Coordinator.  I am so excited to be able to help others through my own experience!  And Postpartum International is an amazing nonprofit organization.  They have so much information and offer amazing support and resources for those suffering during and after pregnancy.  I have learned a lot and only wish I had known about PSI when I was experiencing postpartum depression.

As a volunteer co-coordinator, I am holding postpartum support meetings twice a month for mothers experiencing mood disorders during and after pregnancy.  I am so grateful for this opportunity and pray I can help others.

The following are the details of the support meetings.  Please pass this information on to any who may need it.

1st and 3rd Wednesday of every month, 7pm – 8pm
Starting in February

The OB/GYN Specialists
2050 Mariner Dr., Ste. 120
Las Vegas, NV 89128

For more information contact:
Vanessa Delorenzis

6 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

I am really proud of you and grateful for your willingness to share your experience. The knowledge you are passing on is very appreciated. I know I feel more prepared if PPD happens.

Cory said...

good for you!!

Whitney said...

you go girl!!!!

Leslie said...

That is so wonderful that you are able to help people in this way Vanessa! Way to go! :)

steph said...

I would love to attend this! I've had lots of ups and downs but things ARE getting better (and I hear they just keep getting better). Thank you so much for sharing!

Cassondra said...

Good for you Vanessa!!! What an worthy way to spend your time! I know you will be such a blessing to so many people and that's no small thing!!