CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Those Rare Shining Moments

Do you ever have those times as a parent where you think to yourself, "This is not one of my finest moments"?

Steroids + Coral = irritability and screaming

Coral is already quite willful, but now she has lost her reasoning along with using words to express her frustrations.  Anything will send her into a frenzy of screaming, tantrum throwing and hitting. 

Yesterday, I ignored her and understood it was part of the side effects mentioned for the steroids along with not feeling well.  Today, I screamed back at her and held the door knob on her bedroom door so she couldn't come out.  Not my finest moment.

It's the lack of sleep.  It always gets the better of me. 

Coral began coughing at 2:00 am and didn't stop until 3:00 am.  I rocked her upright, put vapor rub on her chest, gave her a drink, had Carlo give her a blessing and gave her a steam bath for 20 minutes.  Finally, she stopped coughing and went to sleep after some self soothing that involved humming and singing.

Silly girl.

2 comments:

Cassondra said...

Oh Vanessa! I am so sorry! I've totally been there. Lack of sleep and prolonged screaming tantrums can break any mom. Hang on. It will get better.

We just started the sick song at our house today. I've been counting my blessings that none of our girls have caught any kind of bug since the baby was born. I even wrote about it yesterday in my journal. This morning? Puking from Brielle. Again and again and still going strong. I'll add you to my prayers. *hugs* Cassondra

Stephanie said...

Despite the moments we ALL have that are not shining, we DO cancel them out with great ones. You are an amazing mom. :) Hope things are better for you soon.