CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Just Thinking

I have a question.

Do I get my son's kindergarten teacher a Christmas gift?  Is it the nice thing to do?  Is is sucking up?  Do we need to suck up?  And can we even afford to purchase her one?  I'm stressing over this one little question.

In other thoughts . . .

I've decided I LOVE Kohl's.  In the past few years, we haven't been too fond of one another, but now I don't think I could type love big enough to describe how much I love Kohl's right now.  But here are a few reasons.

1.  Kohl's Cash- for every $50 you spend, you get $10.  Thanks to my mom's Kohl's Cash, I now have some new clothes. 

AND

I have gone down a size in clothing!

2.  My friend Grace informed me of Kohl's $10 gift sent via snail mail.  I got one along with a 15% off card. 

I went to Kohl's and bought my husband his Christmas present.  It's original price was around $30, it was 50% off, I used my $10 gift along with my 15% off and spent a little over $6.00 and saved around $24!!!!

I'm a happy woman.

6 comments:

steph said...

Way to be a savvy shopper!

And I think a card would suffice for his teacher. I'm no gift-guru, but I think everyone understands that the economy has made us all more thrifty.

And congratulations on dropping a size! Can't wait til I can say the same :)

EvaMarieva said...

Great job! Kohl's has always been nice to us and now we have one just down the street.

As for gifts for teachers my mom always made pizzelles for our teachers (an italian cookie) and we would decorate bags and deliver them ourselves. Other than that we didn't gift teachers.

Sharie said...

I agree - a card or treat would suffice as a Christmas gift for teacher. When I taught, I definitely did not expect a Chritsmas gift, but usually got a few. I liked the ones the kids made. I saved those. I'd just let Daniel decorate a card or somethin'. Or maybe Cookie Exchange goodies????

Anonymous said...

Guess if it is such a thought provoking question you shouldnt do it or maybe just homemade treat. I always feel anything I give my childrens teacher is well deserved...

Whitney said...

you could also get something she needs for the class, like glue stick, crayons... teachers are also feeling the economy.
That is what I am doing this year.

Stephanie said...

Here's my take on teachers. They get paid way less than what they are worth. At the end of the year I usually try to do some kind of gift- Office supply GC for next year or even to the movies. I'm amazed at how much money teachers spend out of pocket for things they need in their classrooms. I just don't think that Teachers ever get the thanks they deserve.

With that said, I've given B's last two teachers hand soap (BBworks when they are on sale 4 or 5 for 10!) for Christmas. She can use it in the classroom or take it home. This year She's getting soap and some more school supplies that I bought in September.