CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 18, 2009

Star Cupcakes some Stars

My best friend, Cory, inspires me. She is talented and often times just decides to do something new and figures it all out on her own. When she picks up a new craft/hobby, I will give it a try and she is nice enough to teach me. Just off the top of my head, she has introduced me to making purses, scrapbooking and now fondant and buttercream frosting.

Cory is the creator of Daniel's pirate cupcakes for his birthday party. If you missed the previos post, you can view them here and if you live in California and need a cake or cupcakes, you have to call her. She's amazing!

Okay, I digress. Anyway, here are my cupcakes with homemade fondant stars and buttercream frosting. I don't think they are too bad for my first try! Thanks Cory!


These are my practice run for cupcakes for Daniel's combined birthday celebration at school. They are the Sheila Tarr Stars.


7 comments:

Cory said...

looks good

EvaMarieva said...

They look great! I noticed that they are vanilla/vanilla.

Lisa Mc said...

They taste fabulous!!!!! Thanks for sharing!! Next time Cory is in town have her teach a fondant class. I would love to come!

Amber Volle said...

The cupcakes were a bit sweet for me but they were great. I wasn't feeling well last night and your cupcake and a smoothie was all I had for dinner. :-P Thanks for thinking of me.

steph said...

Look at you, crafty. You'll have to teach me how to make time to do stuff like this when I have a kid at home, cuz I don't know how you do it all. And let me know when your homemaking magazine comes out,k? :)

Jax said...

So cute, Vanessa!! I feel like I need to stand and say the pledge... and then totally binge. I bet they were YUMMY!!

Angie Larkin said...

Thanks for finding me! I love me a good blogstalker! Looks like you are doing great!