CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 11, 2009

First Post from Arkansas

I think I am tired of puking. No one else has gotten sick with the flu, but unfortunately, Daniel has inherited my weak stomach and motion sickness.

We woke up Friday at 4:00 am and headed to the airport at 4:30 am. Daniel was already complaining of not feeling well. I was worried he was going to start blowing chunks before we even got to the airport. I was on flu watch with Coral just puking all night on Tuesday.

We made it all the way to the gate and Carlo went to grab us breakfast when they asked us to board. Oops, no breakfast and we had all taken dramamine on an empty stomachs when we were waiting in the line for security.

As soon as we sat down on the plane, Daniel vomits. It wasn't alot and I was able to clean it up with two wet wipes, but I could hear the people behind me moan. And I was preparing myself for a puking Daniel for the whole flight.

He made it without throwing up again, but someone else did. Guess who? Me! Yep. We had twenty minutes to go and the dramamine combined with no food finally got my motion sickness. Luckily I kept it contained to the little vomit bag they provide. Then the flight attendant gloved up and brought a red contamination bag for me to put it in. If I hadn't felt so sick, I would've been really embarrassed. And Carlo was sleeping during the whole thing. What a horrible flight. Carlo had to take care of the kids the whole time while I tried to keep from puking. I'm a little worried about the flight home.

Grandma and Grandpa immediately took us to get some soup and bread and I felt better. Daniel kept complaining on and off the three hour drive to their house and UNLOADED when we had an hour and a half left.

Daniel abruptly said he was going to puke and with nothing within reach, Carlo put his hands under Daniel's mouth and tried to contain the massive amounts of spewing. It went everywhere. As some of you may know, Arkansas' roads are tree lined and it can be difficult to find a place to pull over, so we were very blessed when we found a road to pull onto and it had a river! We stripped Daniel down, used our remaining travel wetwipes and then cleaned his clothes in the river. Then we used those same rinsed clothes to clean the puke off the seat, floor, seatbelt and every where else. Oh what fun. However, we were blessed to find a river, the car was a rental (hehe) and he waited until the drive with Grandma and Grandpa instead of the plane. After that, we made a quick stop at one place Grandma visits for work and hurried home.

The next day, we drove three hours to Fayetteville to see Aunt Lea graduate from college. We quickly discovered, if we put Daniel right in the middle in the second row, he could see the road and not get motion sickness. So, no puking during the ride. But he did puke when we got home that night. And he puked again Sunday morning. Wow. So, as you can see, I am through with puking.

Was it worth it? Yes it was. It is beautiful beyond words here. The view of the lake from their deck cannot be caputured in a picture and the peace is just what a city girl needed. And of course, the blessing to spend time with Grandma, Grandpa and Lea is the greatest of all. We only wish we lived close to both set of grandparents. But for now, it sure is a great vacation! I love my in-laws!

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Yeah I can see why you are done with puking. That is really hrrible and I am so sorry! Can Carlo give you a blessing before he leaves?

I am glad you are enjoying yourself and the beauty of Arkansas. Have a fun trip!

Amber Volle said...

Hey V, I'm sorry you had a rotten trip out there. I agree with this Clairs person, you should have Carlo give you all blessings before he leaves. We love you guys and miss you. Have fun and we'll pray that the returning flight goes better.