Our time here has been absolutely wonderful, but not without its trials. I am so grateful for such loving and understanding in-laws. I often learn from them, admire their advice and wisdom and truly wish we lived closer.
It has brought me such peace and joy to watch Grandma and Grandpa eat up every moment with Daniel and Coral. Grandpa and Grandma never come home from the store without some treat or toy for the kids. Grandma tried to take a much needed nap yesterday and instead spent her time watching Coral play in her room. Carlo and I would have been been cross with Coral for interrupting our sleep, but not Grandma. Grandpa let each of the kids take their turns driving the boat yesterday and they LOVED it. Grandpa even had to get Coral out of her car seat and bring her into the local convenience store to brag about his grandbaby. I just love to see and feel that they love my kids as much as I do.
Since we have been here, we have dealt with the following (as as always, I am so glad Grandma is a nurse):
1. Daniel puking. (as previously posted)
2. A minor eye injury for Coral. She fell down a little hill and we think rubbed some dirt in her eye. After repeated eye rinsings, she still cried and wouldn't quit rubbing it, so Nurse Grandma put on an eye patch. It was a few days before her eye was no longer swollen.
3. A doctor visit for Daniel. We found a big lump on his left upper thigh. The doctor says it could be a swollen lymph node or a hematoma. Nurse Grandma drew a circle around it and we have been watching. It is not going down as much as we'd like, so we'll be making an appointment with our pediatrician when we get home.
4. I dislocated (and possibly cracked) my toe. Once again, Nurse Grandma had to pop it back in. The bruising and pain are finally starting to fade.
5. Carlo's cousin and her family were in a bad car accident on Friday. Her husband ended up with 16 stitches on his head and she was hospitalized for a day with torn muscles. Right now, they are just recovering.
6. Also, my Grandma Baldwin went into a coma on Friday. By far, this was the hardest trial to deal with. I had to choose whether to stay or go home a week early. After much thought and prayer, I decided to stay. I have not regretted the decision one bit. The time my kids have had with their Grandma and Grandpa has been precious and much needed for all of us. Carlo went home on Sunday as planned and spent some time with my Grandma. He said he is glad I didn't come home and see her because she looks quite sad. She is on a ventilator and with her chemo, her head is completely bald. So, Carlo has been visiting her for me. I spoke with her on the phone (she can hear even though she is in a coma) and told her if she needed to go it was okay, not to wait for me. That was a very hard phone call. But, my parents our hopeful and feel she will still be there when I return on Sunday.
For now, it is time time to enjoy vacation and have fun. And I am. I even learned how to drive the boat yesterday and follow up lessons are planned. Fun!
Tuesday, May 19, 2009
Yin and Yang
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
oh man, you didn't tell me about all the rest of the stuff when we talked a couple days ago!! Sheesh! I'm sorry you're having all these crazy things happen. you sound like me!!!I'm glad your able to have a fun time on your trip though. i wish i were there so i could give you a squeeze!.
Wow, you have had so much on your plate. I am glad Carlo has been able to be your messanger and a comfort got Grandma Baldwin. I can undertsand the emotions. We love you!
You guys and your Grandma are in our thoughts and prayers. We can't wait to see you when you get back!
Post a Comment