The following may be a little gut wrenching to some, so if you are easily provoked into vomiting do not read any further.
After lounging around for a few hours this morning, I finally decided it was time for Saturday cleaning. But before I began, I went to get Coral out of her crib. She had been happily playing in there for the past half hour (how I love those moments) and I knew the happy cooing would soon turn into complaining.
As soon as I opened the door, I knew the little culprit had pooped. She often does this during her morning nap, but today was a little different. I looked at my cute girl and found she had no diaper on her little behind. The poop smell in that room plus a missing diaper could only mean a big mess. I underestimated the extent of the mess. House cleaning would have to wait.
Upon closer inspection, this is what I found:
Coral had one foot standing in her poopy diaper, poop smeared all over her crib sheet, comforter, Mr. Dangles (her stuffed animal) and a few other stuffed animals she had pulled out of her toy bag. Poop was also on her crib rails and worst of all on her face and on her pacifier which she was so happily sucking on while smiling at me. Now, is it possible to be cute with poop smeared on your face?
I had no idea where to begin, and at the moment I was not finding the situation hilarious. I had just spent Thursday morning with the flu and cleaning up poop was not my stomach's idea of fun.
I carried Coral to the bath tub and ran water to clean her off and then filled the tub up to bath her. The whole time she was happy as can be and I was crying trying to find some sense of humor in the situation. It took me awhile, but the day has passed and yes, I have chuckled a few times.
Unfortunately for you fellow bloggers, I have no batteries in my camera at the moment or the glorious scene would be posted below. It would be entitled "Coral's Work of Poop." I bet right now, some of you are grateful for the minimal life span of batteries.
Saturday, May 10, 2008
"Coral's Work of Poop"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
Jaiden and Cassidy did this quite frequently. We called it a "Poop Painting Party." We even set up a video camera in their room so we could watch and experience the whole pary. Got to love being a mom. Imagine trying to clean up two babies at the same time.
One more thing to look forward to for when Mike and I embark on parenthood. This may make Mike want to wait longer. I hope you are feeling better from the flu.
HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
That is gross! I got away with having four kids and never having to do that! But it does sound fun! :P Ha ha! I love your posts! Real life!
Oh my. That does NOT sound fun. Glad you can laugh about it now.
Post a Comment