I was finishing up dishes this evening when I heard Daniel in the background saying, "Two votes Chet. Two votes Daniel." Earlier today, I was making his bed and he had made a swimming obstacle course with his sunglasses at the end as his item to retrieve. Here's another phrase you often hear Daniel running around the house yelling, "Are the contenders ready? Yes!"
Now can you guess which two TV series I view with Daniel?
Daniel was suppose to go and play with his buddy, Ryan, this morning while I went visiting teaching (I know I'm not the only one who saves it for the last day). Unfortunately, his friend has been throwing up the night before. After I relayed the bad news to Daniel, he sulked into his room and loudly shut his door. I knew this was an issue that needed immediate resolution.
He was sitting in a chair facing the wall when I walked in and would not acknowlege my mere existence. I went over how his friend was too ill to play and that he would probably get sick as well. Then he turned around, looked me right in the eyes and yelled "YOU MADE RYAN SICK." Do I laugh? I kept my cool and thought about how to best resolve the situation. I could only think of one sure thing- bribery. I asked him if he wanted to go to the park; his eyes lit right up and he exclaimed, "Yes!" Bribery is wonderful. And I also think they made desserts to bribe children to eat their food!
Daniel's hair had gotten really long and Carlo was constantly asking me to cut it. It's actually a family ritual- I let it grow and Carlo asks me every day when I'm going to cut it. I thought I'd have a little fun styling it before I buzzed it.
I just can't get over how my children sleep. I check on them every night and then have to get Carlo.
Coral is crawling all over now. I think after my last post about her not really crawling, she proved me wrong later that day. She just loves getting Daniel's toys and he screams "That's mine!" I'm sure it is a moment all moms of two (or more) have dealt with. But Coral sure loves teasing him. Tonight I flicked her hand when she was trying to get into the dishwasher and the next time I told her no, she rubbed her hand where I had flicked her! Too cute.
I know this is a long time coming, but my cousins and I went out on the town a few months ago. We went to the Cheesecake Factory (yummy) and happened to sit oldest to youngest (on the side we were sitting), sisters opposite one another and oldest sisters on one side and youngest sisters on the other. Crazy, if you can understand all that. It was alot of fun and I sure do miss getting together! I have one hilarious family.
Friday, February 29, 2008
What Shows do You Watch?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
cheesecake factory is really yummy, but they just have way too many menu items. it's like you're reading a novel. then everything sounds good so it's hard to choose.
I know the Rice sister's.I love them. How are you realted to them?
Way cute sleeping pictures! Your kids are so cute!
Cassondra
Post a Comment