CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, December 3, 2007

Just a Post

My argument with Daniel today:

Daniel: "Mom, Where did I get that Dancing Santa?"

Me: "From Nani. She is your Dad's grandma."

Daniel: "SHE'S NOT NAUGHTY, SHE'S GRANDMA!"

Me: "Yes, she is Grandma, but we call her Nani."

Daniel" NO! SHE'S NOT NAUGHTY, SHE'S GRANDMA!"

Naughty . . .Nani . . . amazing how much they sound alike, but only a three year old would actually confuse the two.

He also helps me do dishes and while stirring the water begins yelling:

"Soups ready! I've got your soup and enchiladas!"

The imagination of a child is so vivid. I remember. I was watching a movie called "Bogus" with Whoopi Goldberg, where she gains custody of her recently deceased best friend's child. The little boy draw a picture and thus creates his imaginary friend "Bogus." By the end, Whoopi's character also sees and interacts with Bogus. She also needed someone in her life and Bogus appeared for her as well. Interesting concept. I've been asking Daniel the names of his imaginary playmates to see if there is one constant, but there hasn't been yet.

Besides Coral being a cute baby, she only has one new trick. If you lightly tap your hand over and over on her mouth, she'll do the Indian chant. When you stop, she'll grab your hand and pull it to her mouth again. She can almost do it by herself, but hasn't quite grasped the skills.

You know how you have preplanned pictures before you even have children? Well, I did and the picture below was one of them. I always knew I wanted to take a picture of my children in the bath. I was a little concerned for Coral's life, but she lived. I get so worried because he is so big and active and she can fall over in the tub so easily.



Coral's "banana face." She does not like it when I feed her bananas.



The building of our Gingerbread House. Grandma Terrie gave us a kit. Less stress, no hassle and super easy. It was a winner.

2 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Another non banana eater-we will have to try banana bread to convert her back to the ways of bananas. The bath tub picture is really cute. We have a ton of them that my mom took of all of us kids when we were little.

Stephanie said...

We love the kits at our house too...my problem: I am a perfectionist...I need to just break down and buy two instead of taking over my kids' project! :)