I am fascinated by Daniel's thought processes. This morning I took one of his toys (it was extremely annoying) and played the magician trick of slipping it from one hand to another and then under a pillow. Well, that is about as tricky as I get. As long as the toy disappeared, that was all that mattered! Daniel tried to find it in my hands and when I asked him where it was, he yelled "In your ear!" Yep, that's usually where the magician will pull out the item from. Silly kid.
Daniel knows he's funny too. Quite often throughout the day he'll crack up at himself and ask me "I'm funny, huh Mom?" Perhaps Carlo and I should keep our "Daniel's funny" comments to ourselves or else Daniel is on his way to being one big class clown. Who knows, he probably is already.
Now, I am just getting through the stage of a three year old, so I am not certain what is "normal" for that age. However, I am quite shocked at Daniel's skill to barter and reason his way out of chores and other things. I asked him to clean up his room before bed and he nonchalantly told me "I'll do it tomorrow." Then as I pressed him more, he began willing and dealing with me! He also told me his fingers were broken so he couldn't pick up the toys! I did win the battle and watched him clean his room up all by himself. He even finished with a smile on his face. I think I ended this day as a pretty good parent.
Coral has been keeping me up the past two nights. I try not to complain because she really has been an angel baby; and she is teething. Poor girl. I can tell she doesn't feel well and just wants to be loved and held, but at two in the morning? I need my sleep, so these past few days my house has gone to shambles and so have I. There's always tomorrow . . .
Thursday, December 6, 2007
The Minds of Children
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
All I can say is i am so gratful that the baby days are past me. We sleep all night and it feels so good.
my motto is like daniels "i'll do it tomorrow"
By the way I am really glad to know that I am not one of your blogging friends. I see what satus i hold now.
Umm...can you slave Daniel out for a day?
My house isn't quite in shambles, but it's been a while since I gave it a little TLC. A friend is staying with us this weekend so I *have* to get it cleaned up. Today. No more procrastinating.
Post a Comment