CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Primary Song

Life has been extremely busy lately.  Honestly, I love it.  I'm happier when I am busy. 

Sure, it comes with some complaining on my part, but I love not wasting time.  Alas, the love affair I have had with my T.V. has come to an end.

My volunteer work took up a lot of my time this week.  I had two peer support groups along with a newly established monthly meeting with my co-coordinator.  Along with the meetings, I have spent a lot of time getting organized and reading support materials.  Once I get my feet wet, it will get easier and slow down- so I've been told.

My mother has been my biggest supporter and a huge help.  She spent so much time this week watching my children.  I even started getting emotional when I dropped them off on Friday.  It's been awhile since I had spent so much time away from my little darlings.  It was good for me to miss them.  I am so blessed to have my mom near by so I can go and not worry about my children.

With my busy week, my home and laundry had been neglected.  I decided this morning I would follow the Primary song, "Saturday is a special day, it's the day we get ready for Sunday.  We clean our house . . ."  I know some of you are singing the song in your head as you read this.  It's going to be stuck in there all day long!

Yes, I cleaned my whole house today and did all of my laundry.  I'd like to insert a little pat on my back *right here*.  I'm so glad we don't have a huge house. 

But cleaning did come with some mishaps.

1.  I went to get my broom and dustpan.  The tiny broom was missing.  I called Carlo.  He took it to work.  That was easy to supplement.

2.  I was in the midst of cleaning our master shower.  I hate cleaning this more than anything.  I just start and the lights go out.  For the second time in two weeks, someone flipped our breakers!!!!!  The crazy woman in me is convinced they are trying to break into our house when I open up the door to go flip them back on.  So, I walked out the front door with a Mag light in hand (the only weapon-like item I could find) and left instructions with Daniel to keep the door locked.  No one attacked me, thank goodness.  But Carlo is buying a lock for our breaker box on his way home from work.

3.  I went to get my handle brush to scrub the bottom of the shower.  All three were missing.  I called Carlo.  He took it to work.  Do you see some sort of theme here?  He did that recently with my blowdryer.  That was a fun day.  Anyway, our shower is not as clean as I would like it, but I did my best.

I feel accomplished.  And I'm looking forward to a clean house for Sunday.

1 comment:

EvaMarieva said...

Go Vanessa! I love that song and we would sing it as kids on Saturday as we cleaned the house.