CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How Do You Discipline Your Children?

Yesterday was a very busy day spent shopping. I hit five stores with the kids and one by myself. Yep. I am crazy. While we were in the first store, Daniel begins Twenty Questions:

"Mom, do you like to hit me?"

"No, of course not!"

"Mom, do you like to spank me?"

"No."

"Mom, do you like to flick my ear?"

"No, I don't."

"Mom, do you like to hurt me?"

"Never! I love to give you hugs and kisses all the time!"

Meanwhile, I'm sweatin' it since there is a couple (without children) standing next to us and giving me a wary eye. Seriously, where do children come up with this stuff?!

While we were checking out at another store, Daniel asked for a bag of chips. Grocery stores have put the best marketing strategy into effect by placing all the yummy food and cool toys right at check out and eye-level for children. I obliged to his request (as this was our fourth store). Coral was ecstatic to get Funions (my fav when I was little), but was somewhat upset when I placed them on the counter to check out. She turned around, pointed her little pudgy finger at the checkout person and began to yell, "No, no, no! You timeout!" over and over. I just chuckled.

Disclaimer: I love my children and do not beat them as some may think otherwise by their comments.

Well, we were able to get out of town the first of March all due to the Volle's. Thank you! The two families all packed up into one vehicle and headed up to Brian Head so Carlo could finally see one of my favorite places in the world and to experience snow boarding. He had alot of fun, but let's just say, he still loves surfing and the soft impact of the water.

Besides the fun in the snow, Daniel did get altitude sickness and puked on his plate while we were at dinner in the pizza joint. That was a first for me- kids puking in a public place. Yikes!

Here are some pictures from our family snow ball fight and sledding.




4 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Your stories of Coral and Danny always brighten my day. On the shopping note I just gone done (1st time bringing grams along) and I only spent $61 and saved over $93! I was pretty stoked. Plus we have some great snacks stored up so we won't have to buy any when we travel out your way in a few weeks.

Whitney said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time.
Kids always say the darnedest thinks when you are out in public.

Daisy Paige said...

I cannot believe how big your kids look in these photos. Looks like you had tons of fun.

Grayson shakes his little finger at me and says, "No, no, no, no" over and over again, so apparently I'm a finger-wagger. Who knew?

Amber Volle said...

it was a fun trip regardless of me being sick.