CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, August 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Yesterday, Carlo and I celebrated our six year anniversary. We were talking in the morning about how in our six years, we have had a lifetime of trials, yet we have made it through them all. Our marriage has grown stronger and we love each other more. Through the years I have learned many things from Carlo about life. In many ways, he is my exact opposite and balances me out so well. I love him so much. I am so grateful for my sister serving a mission and meeting him!

Right now though, I am eternally grateful to my parents and my sister, both of whom watched our children overnight. This was Coral's first night away from me and I was nervous for both her and my parents. However, she slept through the night and didn't really seem to miss me much(I even learned she wakes up in the middle of the night and hums herself back to sleep- we don't have a monitor in her room because we wake up if she cries, but can't hear quieter noises). She had too much fun with Grandma and Grandpa! When we picked them up, she ran away from me and then finally into my arms and wouldn't let go for a few minutes. I was a little heartbroken that she didn't miss me more.

Carlo and I just enjoyed the time without kids. We went to sushi (Mike and Eva, we wished you were with us to do a joint anniversary celebration) and then walked around Target looking for a small gift for one another. It was simple and relaxed. We even stayed up until 2:00 am watching movies. We were looking forward to sleep and then COULDN'T SLEEP-IN! Unfortunately, our bodies are trained to early rising.

The best part of the day was attending church without children. Carlo and I cuddled and were able to listen to everything! I was overwhelmed in sacrament by my purpose in life. I often struggle with being a mother and keeping my identity, but I knew at that moment it was my purpose to be Coral and Daniel's mother. Heavenly Father knows each of us and I know these two beautiful spirits were sent to Carlo and I. It was a joyful feeling to know that I can do this because it was meant for me to be their mother.

I was able to get in a little reading of "Breaking Dawn" before we went to pick up our kids. I've since finished it and wish there was more. I just couldn't put it down.

Thanks to my family for watching our kids and for making us a beautiful Sunday dinner. And to my wonderful sister- that was the sweetest thing having Daniel give me a gift and flowers. I am one lucky girl to have a sister like you!

7 comments:

The Gunnerson Family said...

Happy anniversary! Isn't it nice to step away from your life as the mom for a minute and take the time to remember you are also a wife. I love the time I get to spend with Rick alone, it just doesn't seem to happen very often. It sounds like you have a wonderful view of your purpose in life.

EvaMarieva said...

Hey Happy 6th to you two! It has been so great to see your relationship grow and strengthen these years. I find it so ironic that you had sushi because we did the same thing for our anniversary lunch. Whenever we go out for it we always wish you two were there to share the fun and try new things. Thank you for being an amazing example of a mother and wife over the years. I am very grateful that we have been able to watch your family over the years because it brings strength to our family as well. I love you and the rest of the family too of course!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Six years...congratulations! It only gets better. I smiled when I read about you having that reassurance during sacrament meeting of your purspose in life. I always notice that when my kids are away from me for a day or two I totally appreciate the blessing of motherhood. Then when they come back again, I VERY quickly become overwhelmed and often forget how precious they are, and how lucky I am!
I'm glad you had a great time. kelli

Stephanie said...

Happy Anniversary! My in-laws took our kids about a year ago and we went and stayed at a hotel in town and we couldn't sleep in either, it was dissapointing. I finished Breaking Dawn too...WHOA talk about a complicated book! (this coming from someone who didn't really like the other three!)

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! :-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Delorenzis!

Happy Anniversary!! It is so great to get in touch with you! What a great blog! We love the quotes from Daniel. Keep up the great blogging. We'll be checking your blog frequently. Check out ours. Its at KDRummler.blogspot.com.

~Kevin, Neysa, Neal, Julia, and Grant Rummler

Jennifer Baldwin said...

Sometimes I think the ONLY reason I served a mission was to get you two together! Man did I get the raw end of the deal! :o)