CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Five Minute Shower

Now, I've been thinking about this for awhile and wanted to share- maybe you can take an inventory. Before I had children (and became poor), I had quite a lot of products in my shower. Let me list them for you.

1. Clarifier
2. Shampoo
3. Conditioner
4. Face Wash
5. Loofah
6. Regular Body Wash
7. Fancy (date night) Body Wash
8. Bar of soap
9. Razor
10.Shaving Cream

That's at least ten things I could think of that I had in my shower. Now, let me list what is in there.

1. Shampoo
2. Conditioner
3. Razor
4. Bar of soap

Well, that about sums it up! Pretty sad, huh? My showers also take five minutes instead of twenty. Hmm. . . good thing or bad? Perhaps someday I will be able to get all the perks back.

In the meantime, Daniel has been really sick. He has had coughing fits with a 103 degree temperature. Yikes! And, as it always is when your kids are sick, he has the hardest time at nights. I think the night before last, I had three hours of sleep. And in the midst of that night, Daniel weakly asked, "Can I give Coral a hug?" It was a tear jerker question. He just wanted his baby sister.

Unfortunately for him, I have quarantined him. We have no health insurance at the moment and I don't need Coral hospitalized with RSV. Daniel has been good about it and has hung out in his bed watching the TV I brought in there from our room. I seem to be getting more done than usual too! I think I really like these sick days- now that he can comprehend "bed rest." For now, breathing treatments, liquid and rest. He hasn't had a fever today, so I'd say he's on the mend!

10 comments:

Stephanie said...

That's so funny, I just noticed that the other day in my shower too...I was looking at the caddy and thinking that once upon a time I didn't have to share, and I still had it filled up!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Just think of the hot water you're saving! I've become a bit obsessive about this since my boys are old enough that they think they are entitled to a 15 minute hot shower every morning. What ever happened to the days of them taking a bath in 6 inches of water??? kelli

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, Vanessa! Thanks for the invite to see it! It's beautiful and a great way to know whats going on. I hope Daniel continues to improve.
Cassondra

Cory said...

i have the same... shampoo, conditioner, razor and soap. pretty sad since i'm an avon lady. oh, i did just buy one of those bath brushes for your back the other day from avon. it's big and has a long handle and it only cost me $2.24 with my discount. i found a new way to shave my legs too. before, i would use shaving cream or shower gel and get those silky smooth legs, but the past couple of years, no matter how well i shave with bar soap, i just can't get silky. so the other day, i decided to "scrub" my legs with the back brush and then shave them. it worked like a charm. my hubby was so happy. silky smooth sexiness!!
now, my only obstacle is getting moma to stop using it for a tooth brush when she takes a bath. i caught her doing that the other day. it was pretty funny.

EvaMarieva said...

Mike worries I can't be clean enough since I take 5-7 minutes showers. I think it was the one bathroom for 7 people situation I had growing up.

I hope Danny feels better soon. That is always the worst. We will keep him and teh family in our prayers.

Grace said...

My shower's the same. It's depressing!!! Maybe one day it'll be better.

We'll be praying for Daniel as well.

Brett and Heather said...

That is the same stuff Ryan had last week. It took a week for the fevers to go away. They WILL pass. I'm glad we didn't get them together to play since Ryan was sick. I kept Ryan home from church on Sunday so he doesn't get reinfected with the crud. Hang in there.

Life these days...... said...

So sad!!! LIFE of a MOM (it's worth a 5 minute shower.) Who likes shaving their legs anyway!!?!?

Marleen said...

For someone who did hair for a living mine as well is pretty minimal. Although, I must say what I do have is pure quality. Ah, the sweet perks of keeping up on my cosmo license.

Lila said...

AWE! Poor Daniel and poor you. Sometimes I think it is harder on us moms. hang in there...