CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 25, 2007

Independence

I know every sound in my house and can monitor my children and even my husband by the noises they make. Perhaps I like to know exactly what is going on or I am just nosey. Earlier this evening, I heard the beep beep of our camera and knew Carlo was reviewing pictures I had taken. I had, however, forgotten the pictures were of paintballing. Thus, my post. Carlo asked me to post some of them.

Here is our excursion into the desert. It was extremely cold, but a fun family time. Daniel pretended to drive Carlo's truck the whole time and I even got in a few paintball shots at Carlo! I missed . . .





The other night I was in the middle of making dinner when Daniel was expressing his dire need for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. He told me he was starving. He asked me over and over to make him one and I finally told him to make it himself; if he wanted a sandwich, he could make it on his own.

I firmly believe in independence as I do not want to be slaving for my children the remainder of my life. Well, Daniel must have gotten desperate. He asked where he could get the necessary items, if it was okay for him to handle the butter knife and made himself a PB&J. It wasn't the best of sandwiches, but he was happy. My three year old made himself a meal!

2 comments:

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

I think I have a problem...Skyler is turning 12 this week, and I dare say that it would be a great challenge for him to make his own pb&j! He just learned how to cut his own waffles! Way to go Daniel! Kelli

EvaMarieva said...

Daniel making his own sandwich...he is growing up.