I just finished lesson plans for one week of school and as always I am thinking I could spend way more time on them. While thinking this, I looked up at my messy kitchen and the laundry basket full of clothes beside me and thought that I could spend all of my time on that too. There just never seems to be an end in sight. And I'm glad.
Because today I am thankful I was able to go with my daughter on her preschool field trip. I'm thankful I don't have to work on Mondays period and that I am blessed to take my son to work with me everyday and that I will be taking my daughter with us next year. I am thankful that I am able to teach some of the funniest, smartest students I know in a school I love with a principle I adore with teachers and staff that have become fast friends. And right now I am thankful for my husband who made dinner tonight even though he didn't feel well because I was busy with report cards and lesson plans and who just called me from the grocery store to find out what size of bottle I need for my math lesson tomorrow.
Love and support are powerful tools.
Now tomorrow night I may not be so full of thanks. I am sure I'll be grumpily washing those dirty dishes and folding that neverending pile of clothes, but tonight. . . tonight is a different story.
Monday, January 23, 2012
A Different Story
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment