What a weekend in California complete with Disneyland and an almost trip the ER will do to your kids on the drive home:
We get to see Carlo's Mom and Step Dad about once a year. Of course we wish it could be much, much more, but we always have a ton of fun!
This year, they flew out to California and we all went to DISNEYLAND!
This was our kids first time plus Grandma Debbie is THE Disneyland queen, so it was extra special.
Unfortunately, the camera didn't find its way out of the backpack much, but here are a few shots of the fun event.
The faces on the way into Disneyland.
I can't tell they are excited at all.
I can't tell if Carlo is excited . . .
We didn't go to California Adventure, but some guy offered to take a picture of our family if we took one of his.
Why not?!
The 'A' stands for Awesome Family.
The Tea Cups, which Coral keeps mixing up with her favorite ride, It's a Small World (now you are singing the song, aren't you?)
The kids with their cousin on The Jungle Cruise.
They LOVED having another kid around. Coral held her hand and Daniel talked her ear off.
That's about it for Disneyland pictures.
Daniel was brave and went on Big Thunder Mountain, Star Tours and Indian Jones. I don't think we'll be getting him on any of those rides again. However, they both loved all the kid rides and we managed to go on over 20 rides a piece. We even made it to the fireworks show at the end. I LOVE Tinkerbell flying over. Except some rude people split me off from my family, so I watched them among strangers. I was so done with people and crowds by the time we left at 11:00 pm.
Then I woke up to Coral gasping for breath at 2:00 am on Sunday morning. She couldn't breath- at all. I kept asking her what was wrong and she couldn't even get enough of a breath to tell me. It was scary. So, we packed her up and headed to the ER, but on the way her breathing got better. We decided to wait outside in the car to see if she would continue to get better and she did. We still don't know what happened, but we packed up the car the next morning and hurried home so we'd have our nebulizer (breathing machine) close by.
I tripped over a foot stool on the way to get to her and sustained some injuries.
My calf muscle has had a permanent charlie horse and is just starting to go away.
And I split my toe open earlier. I think I may have broken it too.
On the way home, Carlo and I were joking about this being like a Griswold vacation.
Here's why:
1. Our friends we stayed with- she went into early labor and we thought there would be a baby by the time we got there. Luckily, just bed rest, so we were able to help them get some things ready.
2. Coral peed her pants at Disneyland even though I took her to the bathroom 5 minutes before and she said she didn't have to go. Crisis averted from Aunt Lea running to get some Mickey sweat bottoms.
3. Coral peed her pants at the park the next day. In her defense, she told me she had to go, but there weren't any bathrooms in the park. So we were rushing to go somewhere, but didn't make it. Thank goodness the near by Target had some pants for $3.00.
4. Coral's breathing troubles.
5. My run in with a foot stool.
6. Carlo jammed his thumb surfing.
7. They couldn't print one of our tickets at Disneyland because the machine broke, but we did get 2 group fast passes. Yes, group (up to 6 people) fast passes. They were worth the wait for the ticket.
Now we are home and doing NOTHING!


2 comments:
That is a Griswold family vacation :) At least there are fun memories from it.
We love you and hope you heal fast!
What a fun and memorable vacation!! LOVE it... even all the crazy stuff... that's what makes it memorable. haha. I love the fireworks show at Disneyland! It's so cool!!! Hope your leg feels better soon (ouch) and Carlo's thumb gets unjammed. haha. So glad you had a great time at Disneyland... our favorite place!!
Post a Comment