I can't believe it has been a month since our last family update!
Sorry if any of you were waiting in suspense (I'm sure none of you really were, but I like to pretend I am important to everyone. It's fun, you should try it sometime.)
A few weeks ago, Uncle Scott (not really an uncle, but we claim him as one) stopped by on his way home from picking up his new, awesome motorcycle.
Since I grew up with my dad taking me for rides, I begged (really I just asked) him to take Daniel for a ride.
Daniel was pretty freaked out at first, but then he had fun.
Which brings me to this. . .
I took my nieces and Daniel to Circus Circus Adventuredome. My nieces had group ticket rates as part of their virtual academy home school and needed someone to take them. It just happened to be right after Daniel's kindergarten graduation, so we went and celebrated.
Daniel gets motion sickness on rides. Uggg.
We are going to Disneyland next month and I was picturing in my mind all the fun I would have taking him on Splash Mountain, Star Tours, Indian Jones and all those other great rides. The kid is tall, so he can ride any of them. But now he won't be able to. :( :( :(
I, on the other hand, LOVE rides and went on every single one with my nieces (while one stayed with Daniel) and had so much fun. I can hardly wait for Disneyland. I only wish Daniel could share in my fun. But I know he'll like the kiddie rides.
Get ready Grandma and Grandpa!
Yesterday was the end of the year class party I was in charge of . . . and I was so nervous I couldn't even sleep the night before. The stress and nerves were all for nothing because it went great!
I am just so thankful Lark and Christine (two other moms) helped me out as much as the did. Pretty much I just had the "in charge" title and we all did everything.
The theme was "Kinder Garden- All Grown Up"
We started with three stations.
1. Making a file folder game with bugs, stepping stones and dice.
2. Making pinwheels
3. Making flowers from egg cartons.
Then we went outside so the kids could look for real bugs with their magnifying glasses, which they took home to decorate because we ran out of time. Then they searched for fake bugs in the rice table for their file folder game.
After that fun, we played a water relay game. It was so fun to watch them. Coral even had to get involved at the end!
We finished with eating. Always a good choice.
I even made sandwiches in the shapes of flowers & butterflies. Thanks for helping Mom.
I am going to miss those kids. I was in there so much volunteering. I got to know each one of them personally and felt like a mom to them. I hope some of them end up in Daniel's class next year.
I never thought I'd be sad Kindergarten was over. But I won't miss the 2 1/2 hours of school. Too short.
Lark and I put together this gift for Mrs. Borgos.
It turned out super cute!
It says, "Thanks for Helping Us Grow."
Thanks Lark! You saved my sanity so many time- even throughout the school year.
And now off to pick up Daniel from his last day of school, which was only 1 1/2 hours today.
Weird.



3 comments:
Hey, you're important to me. The suspense was killing me! Also, I'm jealous you're going to Disneyland. So sad not living a few minutes away from it anymore.
That turned out great and I love the gift to the teacher. Disneyland will be a blast still! July can't get here soon enough :)
Vanessa! Can u believe I am just now reading this?! What kind of friend am I...seriously.
Anywho, I loved helping for the party since I did like nothing else in the classroom all year! You did a great job and we had a good time this year hanging out before and afterschool every day.
Post a Comment