CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, January 30, 2009

The In-laws talents and ice storm

I have the best in-laws. My mother-in-law knows it is important to have fun in life and every once in awhile sends us gifts to brighten our day. We received one of those packages yesterday. Daniel knew it was on its way and could hardly wait. Packed inside were hand puppets for the children to make along with two other very special items.

My father-in-law wrote a Dr. Seuss type story for my children about how cats got their tails. It is an amazing tale with humor and rhyming. I had heard it before when Grandpa Steve read it to Daniel about a year ago, but reading it to my children and seeing the delight in their eyes . . .

My mother-in-law truly brought the smiles to their faces and the dancing to their toes. She wrote a children's song about counting cloud friends just for my kids! Along with an illustrated book is a cd with her singing and playing the guitar for them. Oh how my chldren loved to hear grandma singing while they laughed and danced. Her voice is amazing. The cd sounded professional.

I never knew my in-laws had such talent. I was going to call them today and let them know how much we loved the gifts, but my father-in-law beat me to it. . . to let me know they were fine.

What?! I don't watch the news or else I would have known they have been without phone service, power and water since Tuesday. Boy do I feel horrible. On the other hand, at least I wasn't worrying for four days. So, both my in-laws and sister-in-law have been living through a horrible crisis this past week in Arkansas. I'm just grateful they are okay and can laugh about it. This is the one quality I admire about Carlo's family- they can find humor in anything. What a great quality.

Here is a link to a news story I just pulled today. Sorry you can't just click on it. I've never been able to get my links to work in blogger.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5hxyhhC1qV6qWnOdkwks6C1HpYtPAD961MBBG0

3 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

That is really cool. I loved my grandparents packages and now my mom send me random cards and packages that brighten my day-I can imagine Daniel & corals excitement being ten times my own!

It is good to know they are ok. It has been nasty in the Central US & East Coast the last couple of days.

Cassondra said...

Vanessa,
I was coming to your blog to say "Hey! How are you!" since I never see you anymore now that you're in primary. I was happy to see new posts - blogging certainly helps feel more connected!

I have in-laws like that, too - SO talented! You are really blessed!

I'm going to check out that news link- I'm pretty out of things, too.

Nice to hear from you! Have a great week!
Cassondra

Jax said...

Can you post one of your mil's songs? Grandparents make the world go round dont' they? No, actually mother's make the world go round, grandparents reinforce the mothers.