I have received a few comments from fellows bloggers inquiring about my lack of posts. I hadn't realized that it has almost been a MONTH since my last post. I apologize for any of you who may feel their life has been lessened because of my blogging laziness. If only this were true . . .
There are currently no pictures to post. I went to get my camera today and it was MIA. After panicking over the loss of our nice digital camera (in my ignorant eyes at least), I paused to consider the possibilities. I came up with one conclusion- Carlo. It's always the husband. In this case, it really was him. He was in a small car accident last week and was going to turn his truck in today to get fixed. Naturally, he took the camera to take pictures.
In other updates. I have been busy with volleyball, volleyball and volleyball. No joking aside- two weeks ago, my schedule was something like this:
Monday:
5:00 PM - watch cousin coach high school team
Tuesday:
3:45 PM - ref stake young women's game
4:15 PM - coach our YW team
5:30 PM - coach our other YW team
8:00 PM - play for ward team
8:45 PM - second game for ward team
Wednesday:
9:30 PM - play volleyball for fun
Thursday:
5:30 PM - practice for YW volleyball team
Last week was much less and this week is an off week. But I do love volleyball. I have really enjoyed working with the young women. They have such a refreshing, young vitality that I had forgotten I once had. They are a lot of fun and I'm so glad I get to coach them.
Coral is now teetering around the house. Carlo and I love watching the endless cycle of crawl a few feet, stand up, teeter a few steps, fall, stand up and then walk a few more steps. She is getting quite good at it. She took her first steps a few weeks ago, but her balance has taken awhile to catch up with how fast she wants to walk. She is on the go!
Daniel continues to humor and astound us each day with his intelligence. He often asks questions that take a minute for me to come up with an answer; and I believe in giving the full truth. If he asks why the sun rises and sets, I explain about the rotation of the earth. He sits and listens and then asks more questions. It is a lot of fun to have a child so interested in knowledge.
It has also been fun to see him grow in gospel knowledge. I try to teach him what I can and hope he will gain his own testimony some day. I believe he has a little of his own right now, but really can't grasp the concept of a testimony. Carlo gave our FHE lesson on President Monson tonight and then helped Daniel give the closing prayer. He told Daniel to say "Bless President Monson" and Daniel turned to him and said proudly "President Monson loves us, huh Dad!" Those are the moments that make it all worth while.
Monday, April 14, 2008
One Whole Month
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
I SO totally get how the month can slip by that fast. It's nice to see you in the blogging world again...btw- I totally loved the first sentence of your last post...I definately have those days.
You should have just waited five more days to post. Then it really would have been a whole month. Glad I got an update. We miss you guys. Hey I might have a job for Carlo here in arizona. Actually a few if he knows how to paint the outside of the house.
Yeah for an update! I miss you and the family and they are growing so fast. Coral sounds so cute teetering around. I am glad you are having so much fun and being able to play volleyball again.
The young women are so lucky to have you. The poor girls had to have me as a their coach one year...and I don't really even know how to play volleyball! Coordination is not one of my strong points! kelli
Thank you soooooooo much for coaching the YW Vanessa! You are my new hero! I am not kidding, it has been such a life saver for me! I know it is keeping you TOOO busy, but it is much appreciated, and the girls love you! I hear you are doing a WONDERFUL job! Thank you thank you thank you!!! Leslie
Yeah, you are back in the blogging world! Congrats on the breastfeeding year. It is hard, but worth it. I nursed both my boys until they were a year and when it is over it is a little sad, but oh so worth having your body to yourself for a while (until you find yourself pregnant again!).
so after your breastfeeding post, i'm wondering how i'm gonna do...my due date is friday, but i don't see her coming anytime soon. i really want to bf but am a little scerred. yeah, a month is a long time girlie! glad to have you back :)
Post a Comment