CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Breastfeeding

I created this little ticker as a pat-on-the-back to myself. I lasted a whole six weeks breastfeeding Daniel as it was extremely nerve wracking to me to nurse in public. I wasn't sure how it was going to work out with the second one, but it has been a success. I didn't even blink an eye if I had to nurse outside the comforts of my own home. I even did it a few times in Relief Society- some of you never even knew. Yes, I have gained skills! And it is almost at an end. A year was my goal, and Coral will be one in two weeks exactly. For now, I enjoy my last feeding each day with her, while at the same time, I breath a sigh of relief that soon, very soon, I will have my body completely to myself.
Lilypie Breastfeeding Ticker

9 comments:

EvaMarieva said...

Congrats! It seems like yesterday you called to tell us Coral had arrived. time flies by.

Stephanie said...

If it makes you feel better, that's about how long I lasted with Brendan too and I only made it 6 months with Emma...time will only tell how long I make it with this new one...I am already longing the day...Yeah for you!!!

Mr. and Mrs. Corbett said...

Good for you! I breastfed David for 13 months and planned to do the same with Spencer. But to my utter dismay, I dried up around 9 months. I was devastated and felt like I had failed him. I am over it now =)
It would be nice if you added us to your group of friends. It might make us feel wanted...kidding...kind of.
We plan on coming back to our own ward this week, so if you are lucky, you just might catch a glimpse of the elusive Corbett clan.

Ashlynn and Coleton said...

That i great I cant even last that long with my kids.

Leigh said...

All I can say is.. WOW! I bow down to you! That's awesome that you've done it this long. 1 year was always my goal. With Noah I made it 7 months and 5 teeth. With Weston I made it 9 months and 6 teeth. The teeth were always a huge factor for me. You're such a good mommy!

Tiffani said...

Way to go!!! I wasthe same way about nursing in public with Aiden. He got breast milk for 6 months bt it was always from a bottle. I'm much more laid back this time. I hope I can make it to the magical year mark. But we are only at week 3... so we'll see!

Amy said...

Congrats! That's awesome. I hope I can do it for that long. We'll see. Oh and thank you so much for coaching for the YW Volleyball team. Leslie actually asked me if I could do it and I laughed. Then I suggested your name cause I know that you're an amazing VB player. So thanks! You're great!

FAMILY FAMILY FAMILY said...

Good job! I'm not looking forward to going back to that! I always last until they get teeth, then it scares me way too much. Oh, the joys of motherhood! kelli

Daisy Paige said...

So what's the trick to doing it in public? I've never even tried - too scared.