For my sister's birthday, we gave Coral a piece of cake just to break her in for her actual birthday.
The other day I was trying to fix the clasp on a broken necklace when the clasp went down the drain. Daniel went and got his tools and proceeded to get it out. It's nice to know my "Little Man" at home is watching out for me. And no, he didn't get the clasp out, but he sure tried hard.
Coral is walking all over our house now. She is even started to speed walk- she never does anything slow. Now Daniel and Coral can play more and even dance!
Two Saturdays ago, our family went to Springs Preserve in an effort to do something and not spend money. It was fun to get out, but it is definitely not a place I'd go in the summer. The flower gardens were beautiful and only make me wish I had a green thumb to grow such beautiful things in the desert.
Now for those of you reading the bottom of my post, I ask you a question. I've noticed a new trend in birthday parties- the opening of gifts at home without the party guests. I can see the positive and negative in this, but I'd like to know what you think. Check out the poll in my sidebar.
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Birthdays, Outings and More
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
What cute kids! I love the pic of them standing together. Gifts...I really hate opening presents in front of people, BUT when I give someone a gift, I totally want them to open it while I'm there. The fun of giving it is to see their excitement (hopefully). Otherwise, I would always wonder...
I'm thinking that the next trend should be, NO GIFTS! I think that friends getting together to celebrate is the real gift. Who needs presents anyways??? kelli
Your kids are super cute. I sure miss you guys. The only reason I say at the party. is because most people that bring the gifts want to see the kid open them.
Masn they are growing up so fast! It has been only a few months and they seem so different. I love your updates! As for gifts-whe people give them they love to watch them be opened but I can understand why some don't open them in front of others because of a tired birthday kid. We don't get to see our nieces and nephews open gifts from us usually and it is a bummer, especially when we have been excited for what we got them.
As far as the birthday thing my opinion is...if you have a party for them let them open the presents they get from guests then and maybe one or two from you and do the rest earlier or later as a family.
I just love your stories about Daniel. It makes me so excited for when Grayson gets older and has a little sibling to play with!
Post a Comment