My wonder and revelry in watching my children play so lovingly together has screeched to a halt. Now, I feel I spend my day reprimanding Daniel (rather loudly at times) as he repeatedly pushes, jabs, knocks over and yells at Coral to get away from him. On the other hand, I can understand his frustration as Coral's new found freedom in movement has resulted in her playing the "tag-a-long" game. This can be fun at times, but Daniel grows weary of his sister's infatuation. I've attempted numerous tactics to dissolve the problem, but none seem to be working. And through it all, I keep thinking about my younger years- my older sister fed up with me tagging her around every where while I just wanted to be a part of her life for one minute. It's amazing how one's life and perspective can be so different from another all due to birth order.
Wednesday, March 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


10 comments:
Good luck with Danny! Hopefully he grows out of it.
i used to just tease and tease my little sister until one day (when she was just learning to walk) she got up, and fought back. she bit me on the butt and my mom had to come in and pull her off of me. her little teeth went through my night shirt, through my panties, until she got a nice chunck of big sister left butt cheek!! she even made me bleed!!!
so just wait, it will get even more fun as they get older.
I'm the 'younger sister' and I say, let her tag along! (obviously, I'm biased based on birth order too!) Really though, I keep waiting for that day when my kids wake up and are suddenly best friends like some families I see. So far, we're lucky to make it through the day without any blood or tears. Aren't they precious??? kelli
You're not alone in this! It's the same thing in our house- only Noah is nice and Weston is the brute. Siblings are supposed to fight, right? Please don't correct me if I'm wrong! Good luck!
Ugh. I definitely remember my sister driving me cuckoo when we were younger. She's only 20 months my junior, so she was ALWAYS around. Seems my mom would work out a deal with me that if I would pay attention to her for xx amount of time, I could go to a friend's house without her for xx amount of time. Of course, this may not apply to your situation right now, because I remember this from when I was in grade school.
Hey Vanessa!! Your blog is so cute! And the kids are adorable!! You guys look so happy!! And yah, we can be blogging buddies now!
Hey when are you going to give us an update and show us some super cute pictures of your kids. By the way your friend eva is blogging buddies with my Husbands cousin. What a small world.
I couldn't find that pic you told me to look for!!!!
Wait until you have five Vanessa...lol...Actually, just enjoy it :) I look back and things are passing by much too fast. Your kids are so cute by the way!
need a blog update woman!!
Post a Comment